Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Best place to have body work done??? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Best place to have body work done???

Looks like Wagonworks can be taken off of the recommended list as they've been sold.
    http://www.examiner.com/city-buzz-in...lision-centers

A few recent reviews, most notably one on yelp, indicates that a once stellar body shop is no more....

I know I'm bring up an old thread, however...

I need to have some body work done. Most of the posts in this thread are 3-4 yrs old. What's the best place currently for body work?

I'm located in Herndon, but willing to go anywhere in NoVA for quality work. It will be an insurance claim.

Cheers,
    FLi
    FLi GLi
    '95 M3 (track build in progress)
    '03 911 C4S (DD)
    '06 325xiT (hauler; winter beater)
    5 (hauler)

Quote Originally Posted by FLi GLi View Post
    I know I'm bring up an old thread, however...

I need to have some body work done. Most of the posts in this thread are 3-4 yrs old. What's the best place currently for body work?

I'm located in Herndon, but willing to go anywhere in NoVA for quality work. It will be an insurance claim.

Cheers,
    FLi
    I still recommend Springfield Auto Body.
    Talk to Jim Scott there. He is the owner, and tell him I referred you.
    Barry
    Barry
    BMW CCA Instructor
    SCCA National racer
    =====================================
    2007 328xi Coupe in sparkling graphite
    2007 GT3
    ======================================
    1999 Civic Si: Races in SCCA showroom stock C
    PHOTO OF RACECAR:

http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/SC...01_04_0067.htm

Euro Pros in Gaithersburg. Their shop is always filled with high end cars. The two brothers whom own the shop used to be the body and paint guys at WagonWerks. They are always the first shop mentioned on different forums. Yes I traveled all the way to Gaithersburg from Springfield/Burke to have my last incident fixed. Happy as a church mouse in a cheese factory.
    I tried Springfield Auto Body and have had problems with getting them to address issues with their workmanship. For example, under paint and clear you can see sanding marks. They had to remove my passenger side rear window, now it makes noise when you hit certain speeds. Paint peeling. Remind me to show you on the Spring Tour.
    I have heard good things about D&V in Sterling. Of course hearing good things and actual workmanship do not usually meet at the same intersection.
    Last edited by bimmernupe; 05-10-2012 at 04:34 AM.
    MY ED TRIP REPORT
    ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
    2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZSP l ZCW l ZPP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Bimmernupe,

I ended up going with D&V. I read many good reviews on them both on Yelp and various automotive forums. Yes, there were a few bad reviews, but they were pretty minor things and few in between. So far, I've been quite pleased with the customer service at D&V. Much better than the two other places I went to get estimates before the insurance allowed me to go to D&V. The lack of customer service in just about every industry is a truly pitiful reflection on the state of our society, but I digress. The proof in the pudding will be the end product from D&V. We'll see...

Too many bad stories about the current incarnation of WagonWerks. Good to know where the talent from WW ended up. I'll keep that in mind.

I’d like to see your bodywork issues at the Tour.

To be honest, the incessant pimping of Springfield Auto Body by Barry turned me off. Come on, man, 7 times in 49 (now 50) posts saying “...tell them I referred you”. Obviously he has some sort of a vested interest in Springfield, which makes me wonder how objective his recommendations are. My .02.

FLi
    Last edited by FLi GLi; 04-24-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: spelling
    FLi GLi
    '95 M3 (track build in progress)
    '03 911 C4S (DD)
    '06 325xiT (hauler; winter beater)
    5 (hauler)

Quote Originally Posted by bimmernupe View Post
    Euro Pros in Gaithersburg. They shop is alway s filled with high end cars. The two brother whom own the shop used to be the body and paint guys at WagonWerks. They are always the first shop mentioned on different forums. Yes I traveled all the way to Gaithersburg from Springfield/Burke to have my last incident fixed. Happy as a church mouse in a cheese factory.
    I tried Springfield Auto Body and have had issues with getting them to address issue with their workmanship. For example, under paint and clear you can see sanding marks. They had to remove my passenger side rear window, now it makes noise when you hit certain speeds. Paint peeling. Remind me to show you on the Spring Tour.
    I have heard good things about D&V in Sterling. Of course hearing good things and actual workmanship do not usually meet at the same intersection.
    They are one of if the nothe best in the DC Metro area. They repared both my Lexus cars as well as my BMW. The only shop I trust with my cars.

Hey guys, sorry to resurrect this thread, but do Euro Pros give anything special in terms of prices for people trying to do restoration work on their cars since insurance won't be involved? I have two cars that need to be painted. My 318 needs to have minor body work done on the rear passenger side quarter panel and repaired. My M3 just needs to have front and rear bumpers, the hood, fender, and nose panel painted.

Quote Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
    They are one of if the nothe best in the DC Metro area. They repared both my Lexus cars as well as my BMW. The only shop I trust with my cars.
    They should be good as they have to be the most expensive in the area. I had a small non-insurance repair and had quotes ranging from $350 - $500 and thought I'd run up and check them out yesterday. This is a small dent Their best price was $1220. So, either they didn't want to be bothered with such a small job or they were charging me the same they quote for an insurance job prior to any negotiation with them. Forget about it! Love my car, but I'm not a chump, either.

Thread Information