Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
TheAngryBear Intro

Thread: TheAngryBear Intro

TheAngryBear Intro

Greetings everyone!

Not technically a new member as I just renewed membership but figured with the renewal I should intro and see if this forum is able to motive some chapter participation from me... I have been actively learning over on BimmerFest and want to do an event with the chapter but... time. Between the family and keeping TAB in condition...

The Angry Bear (TAB) is my 03 540iA Sport (daily driver) and one of my life dreams come true. To have the beauty and power that is the E39 is truly an experience... it sounds weird to me now but I spent about 3 years looking before I claimed TAB: the vehicle I wanted and an excellent story behind the name, I am a happy E39 owner. ... Well, as happy as an E39 owner can be.

TAB has been a Project. Having never been a DIYer, this may not have been the most logical choice of vehicle. But I have dived in and done the simple (fogs, interior trim) to easy (trans fluid & filter) to "master" (timing guides, VANOS) to "just a pain" (radiator, fan/clutch). My next items are control and thrust arms (death shimmy when breaking from 40-60), engine and trans mounts, and headlight adjusters.

After a 16 months of ownership I still pause every time I come up to or park her I say Wow. Wifey and the kids love her. "GO Daddy! Go fast" being the favorite phrases. After setting the Limit, I had to explain to Wifey both what the chiming was and that I have a maintenance account but not a speeding ticket one...

Hopefully, between those items, family, and work, I can still get out to an event or two.

Peter

Welcome! I'm glad you're "enjoying" the interaction with the E39. I opted for the 6-cylinder 530i to avoid a bit of the maintenance pain!
    We have a number of E39 M5 owners in the group that often gather at local cars & coffee events. You can follow them at:
    http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/usa-northeast-forum/

That forum also has plenty of tech tips, not limited to the M5. Good luck, and make your way out to an event soon!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Welcome Peter and TAB! Hopefully you can find some time to come out to an event.

As for e39s, our 'new' chapter club vehicle is a 528i touring and we've just done quite a bit of maintenance on it over the past few months, especially at last month's DIY at BMW of Sterling.

One of the biggest benefits of this club is tapping into the vast knowledge of our membership (especially for e39s), so coming out to events and picking the brains of others may be a great tool
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Welcome! I'm glad you're "enjoying" the interaction with the E39. I opted for the 6-cylinder 530i to avoid a bit of the maintenance pain!
    We have a number of E39 M5 owners in the group that often gather at local cars & coffee events. You can follow them at:
    http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/usa-northeast-forum/

That forum also has plenty of tech tips, not limited to the M5. Good luck, and make your way out to an event soon!
    Thank you and I hope to! I haven't joined the M5 boards (with a 540 it seems "off") but I have definitely used some of their info! Hope to make it out to some soon. And the 530 is nice and one of the reasons for TABs name. The PO did a weekend trade with a friend (540 for 530). Afterwards the quote was "the 530 is like a jack rabbit, fast and nimble in the turns. The 540 is like an angry bear, maybe not as quick in turns but will run you down in the straights".
    Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    Welcome Peter and TAB! Hopefully you can find some time to come out to an event.

As for e39s, our 'new' chapter club vehicle is a 528i touring and we've just done quite a bit of maintenance on it over the past few months, especially at last month's DIY at BMW of Sterling.

One of the biggest benefits of this club is tapping into the vast knowledge of our membership (especially for e39s), so coming out to events and picking the brains of others may be a great tool
    That (and to meet fellow e39ers) is one of my goals with the events. So helpful pokes/prods to go are appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAngryBear View Post
    I haven't joined the M5 boards (with a 540 it seems "off") but I have definitely used some of their info!
    There's an E39 section at M5board, but it doesn't get a lot of traffic. http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-5-series-forum/
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Thread Information