Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 08/14/2010 - Autocross Points Event #6 - Page 7
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 08/14/2010 - Autocross Points Event #6

And Claff, I totally agree. We had to call out "that blue porsche" or "that gray Z3" more than once. Numbers should be checked better at tech.....it's not that hard to make some big numbers with blue tape ont he side of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    when you were running with the low front quarter position, the cam came within an inch or two of more than one cone, and was lower than the top of the cone. We were expecting to see it get knocked off.

I'm going to have to try the rear suspension movement position next event I think...pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Claff View Post
    While the program is run fantastically and I hate to whine about fairly trivial things, there oughta be more attention paid to making numbers that can be read from a reasonable distance. We were straining to pick out numbers making cone calls this afternoon, eventually falling back on "the car that's finishing now". Numbers shouldn't be on windows, for starters, especially if they're done with dying shoe polish.

Having said that, we very much enjoy running with NCC. The course today was simple but tricky, and having all kinds of room to, well, improvise at the top of the hill was a nice treat (hitting rev limiter at Bowie? That's unpossible). Can't wait till y'all come back to Waldorf and we can enjoy some late-season home cooking.
    Oh noes! I hope my shoe polish numbers where big enough, i try to take up the entire back windows and the window on the hatch with mine!

Finally! All my videos uploaded:

Best run run in-car view:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DldLXRIlyyc

Best Run Bumpercam view:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYMSGuekQiQ

Best run from a friend on the sidelines (don't get offended at his commentary )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecbLTAcwJbE

AND! my epic fail run:

roof cam:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHMzy5GYdLU

outside view:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZA3ZVVqITw

Nice Mr Thayer, you must have been one of those show-boating guys mentioned a bit ago. When you said vids of the "red rocket", I thought you might have been filming me. Oh well, guess I'll just call myself "red rocket jr ragtop"
    Last edited by Zcruizer; 08-14-2010 at 09:30 PM.

Great time and fun course. Learned some more things today. Our car was running well and ticking, even with the added oil.

Looking forward to the results and next month.
    2008 BMW E92 335i Atlantic Blue - Dinan 2nd Stage, Sprint Booster, BMW Performance Exhaust
    1996 BMW E36 M3 Cosmos Black - Ground Control Struts, Eibach Springs, Koni shocks, Treehouse Racing Control Arm brackets, Turner Racing Sway Bars, Sparco Strut Bar, Turner Rear Control arms, Toyo RA1s 255/40/17, - Engine Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Zcruizer View Post
    Nice, you must have been one of those show-boating guys mentioned a bit ago. When you said vids of the "red rocket", I thought you might have been filming me. Oh well, guess I'll just call myself "red rocket jr ragtop"
    Mr. Red Rocket Junior Ragtop:

Hopefully I wasn't classified as showboating. Even on the run that I spun, I still ran ~45 seconds. I wasn't around for the 2nd afternoon session, but I'm pretty sure that I know some of the culprit vehicles. My apologies to the courseworkers for the 2 cones that I hit in five runs.

I'm kinda pooped that I'm going to miss the next event - we're going to be back at Regency where the asphalt is actually semi-grippy. Bowie consistently reminds me of the differences between the e30 and e36 rear suspensions. I would have sold my soul for some stick in the rear. (Next time we'll be loading a keg and two hookers in my hatch for grip.)

Big kudos to Sam Bell for making another fun course at Bowie - props to you!

yeah, sucks I'm gonna miss the next one too, will be on my way to the OBX. Damn, and I really like the 'dorf....

And I didn't think you were showboating, personally.

I'm sorry, I lost you on "sell my soul for some stick in the rear". As you know, I couldn't convince my rear to follow the front either. Let me know if you need help with the keg.

Ah, I'm glad you guys mentioned the numbers issues. I was working tech for the morning session and well over a handful of people came through with no numbers on the car. We were VERY lenient about it, put an inspection sticker on, told people to throw the numbers on and just show us after they put it on.

To make this clear, when you come through tech inspection, your car should be as if it is 100% ready to run. That means numbers, clean loose items out, etc... It just makes it easier, and safer, for everyone. Tech inspection is usually open for quite some time so take your time to do your own little inspection before coming though.

Just my .02.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Bowie consistently reminds me of the differences between the e30 and e36 rear suspensions. I would have sold my soul for some stick in the rear.!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zcruizer View Post
    I'm sorry, I lost you on "sell my soul for some stick in the rear". As you know, I couldn't convince my rear to follow the front either.
    Heh, imagine that lot with a heavy *ss flat six hangin out behind ya. That was an exercise in futility.

To introduced myself, I was the guy in the black 911 in the AM that had a "Toyota Moment" at the start of my 3rd run

BTW, more kudos for the course designer(s). Was a blast!

Yeah, the course was fun IMHO. Didn't realize until run 4 that minimizing distance was wayyy faster than early throttle application in the big fast offsets (or didn't want to realize :lol: ). I thought my last run was clean but I think the announcer said plus one... so I'm pretty sure all my runs were dirty. Doh!

I think I have video from my last 3 runs (laptop was low on battery), not that it will be very instructive.

1999 ///M3 | 2006 Evo MR #7 STU

John, what was your FTD, out of curiosity? Just trying to judge how I did vs. the other subies.

Great set up this time around....Loooved the Long S turn!

Let's see...

40.3+1
    40.0+1
    40.8+1
    39.6+2
    39.7...+1?

I have no real explanation for these results.

[trackday comedy guy]
    My race tires were heat cycled out and my shock settings were all wrong. My crew is installing fresh rubber as we speak.
    [/trackday comedy guy]

Here's run #4:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMTUHMMMMzw

Jon had a 37.8 in the STi I think and I heard AJ had a 39.2.

1999 ///M3 | 2006 Evo MR #7 STU

Thread Information