World premiere of the new inline 6 cylinder TwinPower Turbo engine.
Intelligent BMW xDrive: four-wheel drive with rear-wheel-drive characteristics.
A sporty chassis specifically tuned to M Performance specifications.
Woodcliff Lake, N.J.: September 30, 2015 6:00 pm EDT /3:00 pm PDT…
Today, with the introduction of the new 2016 BMW X4 M40i, the successful BMW X4 has gained a new top model. In the Sports Activity Coupe segment (SAC), the BMW X4 M40i is setting new standards with enhanced driving dynamics and best-in-segment acceleration. The new BMW X4 M40i will be available at dealers starting February 2016.
Design.
The exterior of the new BMW X4 M40i makes it stand out as a clear member of the BMW M Performance family. Exclusive Ferric Gray metallic accents on the front of the vehicle and side mirrors, as well as the exclusive 20-inch M light-alloy double-spoke wheels with optional Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires and the sport exhaust system with valve control and Black Chrome tailpipes on both sides emphasize the unique character of the new BMW X4 M40i. The M leather wrapped steering wheel, M gear shift lever, sport seats, model-specific door sills and “X4 M40i” digital lettering on the instrument cluster decorate the interior, assuring immediate recognition as a BMW M Performance model.
A world premiere – the 6 cylinder inline engine.
A newly developed M Performance TwinPower Turbo inline 6 cylinder gasoline engine celebrates its world premiere in the new BMW X4 M40i. This engine delivers 355 hp at between 5,800 and 6,000 rpm from its three-liter displacement, providing a maximum torque of 343 lb-ft. With this high-performance engine and the advanced M Performance TwinPower Turbo technology, the BMW X4 M40i delivers best-in-class acceleration, running the sprint from 0-60 mph in just 4.7 seconds.
Download the entire newsletter.

More...