Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
ChapterFest is back - October 30, 2010 Bowie, Md - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: ChapterFest is back - October 30, 2010 Bowie, Md

Quote Originally Posted by xvxax View Post
    Which lot is the autocross being held on?
    The Grand Prix course.
    MY ED TRIP REPORT
    ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
    2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZSP l ZCW l ZPP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Autocrossing

To recap..........
    Can't get in until 07:00
    check-in, prepare car, tech inspection, and walk the course (at least once) before meeting
    driver meeting (mandatory !!!) at 07:40
    first car off at 08:00 (sharp)
    "WOW"

Oh, and no second heat information. Have to assume everybody has to do this in the morning.
    What's the expected turnout? 50, 60, even 70 cars.
    All at the same time.....?
    "Make this schedule or you fail...!"
    I've asked questions to the members of the autocross commitee about this event and they aren't even involved. ?????????

Yeah, this sounds like fun. Keep your 16. t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zcruizer View Post
    Autocrossing

To recap..........
    check-in, prepare car, tech inspection, and walk the course (at least once) before meeting
    "WOW"

Oh, and no second heat information. Have to assume everybody has to do this in the morning.
    I've asked questions to the members of the autocross commitee about this event and they aren't even involved. ?????????

Our NCC autox committee is involved with ChapterFest. We also have the help of some of our former NCC autox committee members, Kevin Henry to name one, who are involved with the SCCA autox program.

Those individuals you are speaking with may not have all of the necessary info you seek.
    You need to contact the autox chairperson Doug DuCote at autox@chapterfest.com. He will be able to answer any and all questions concerning all autox events pre-Chapterfest, for ChapterFest and post-ChapterFest.

The second heat time will not be announced for a few more weeks. If you have a preference then send that info to Doug.
    Right now autox is set for 125 cars. As it sits now, after talking with the Autox Chair, there will be a minimum of 4 runs.
    Also if you arrive earlier than 7 am we allow you and other autox participants access to the paddock. We will have people there as earlier as 6am

This early schedule would be no different if you had wake up to leave for SP. Also we do not expect all 125 cars to show at the same time. Once the second heat is announced, those people will arrive similar as they arrive now. This is a different event from a stand-alone autox. So most people will arrive earlier than usual if they are in the afternoon heat to enjoy everything else going on.

Last, we are reviewing the start time as the registrations
    Hope this help. Let us know if you have any other questions or comments.
    Last edited by bimmernupe; 07-20-2010 at 02:15 PM.
    MY ED TRIP REPORT
    ED @ Welt 27.10.07 l Drop-Off Bremerhaven 05.11.07 l Made Port NJ 26.11.07 l PCD 21.12.07
    2008 E92 335i Barbera Red l Saddle Brown l Aluminum Trim l ZSP l ZCW l ZPP l CA l Nav l HD Radio l 6MT l PDC l 6FL

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Autocrossing

To recap..........
    "WOW"

This schedule is SLIGHTLY more aggressive then our standard schedule:

08:00 - Tech Inspection Opens
    08:30 - Registration Cutoff (AM Session)
    08:45 - Tech Inspection Closed
    08:45 - Course Open For Walking (AM Session)
    09:10 - Drivers' Meeting (AM Session)
    09:30 - First Car Off (AM Session)

But since the course will be open for walk as soon as you get there, you dont have to wait for it to be finalized. so if you get your car tech'd as you come in, you will have plenty of time to get your course walk done. If you need some extra time to get your car prepped (tires, suspension adjustments, etc.) you are welcome to get there earlier, and the lifts will be available to swap tires if you need them.

I have reviewed this schedule and while it does differ from our standard events schedule, this a chapter event, not just autocross, so we have to work with everyone to get a time schedule that will work with everyone.

I am available to answer any questions you might have, at the previously mentioned email address ( autox@chapterfest.com ). It goes right to my phone and will get a quick response.

Thanks for your concern, and i hope this answers your concerns about the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Luda View Post

But since the course will be open for walk as soon as you get there, you dont have to wait for it to be finalized. so if you get your car tech'd as you come in, you will have plenty of time to get your course walk done. If you need some extra time to get your car prepped (tires, suspension adjustments, etc.) you are welcome to get there earlier, and the lifts will be available to swap tires if you need them.

I have reviewed this schedule and while it does differ from our standard events schedule, this a chapter event, not just autocross, so we have to work with everyone to get a time schedule that will work with everyone.

I am available to answer any questions you might have, at the previously mentioned email address ( autox@chapterfest.com ). It goes right to my phone and will get a quick response.

Thanks for your concern, and i hope this answers your concerns about the schedule.
    ...and that there folks comes from the National Capital Chapter AutoX Chairperson
    MY ED TRIP REPORT

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Luda View Post

You state that as if we ever come within a 20-30 inutes of staying on even our less aggressive, normal schedule Getting 60-65 cars in the gate/unloaded/teched/coursewalk by 7:40 is very ambitious. BTW, glad we've agreed to open up the lot before 7:00. It makes the schedule seem less impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    You state that as if we ever come within a 20-30 inutes of staying on even our less aggressive, normal schedule Getting 60-65 cars in the gate/unloaded/teched/coursewalk by 7:40 is very ambitious. BTW, glad we've agreed to open up the lot before 7:00. It makes the schedule seem less impossible.
    Glad we were able to help.

Also the autox participants who bring jacks out to change their tires won't have to worry about lugging the jack out. You will be able to use the car lifts we will have on site.

All people have to do is ask nicely. LOL

People asked for trailer type bathrooms, baby changing station, tables and chairs for lunch. We listened and all that will be at this year's event.

Some things we can have movement on and other logistically are impossible.

We are reviewing the start time for autox to maybe 9 am. We would rather make that decision once, instead of changing the time and then realizing that we need to change it back to 8am because autox being at or over capacity.
    Last edited by bimmernupe; 07-20-2010 at 08:49 PM.
    MY ED TRIP REPORT

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Also remember that RFK is a large lot, and depending on the course design, it is realistic to have 3-4 cars on course at a time.

Autocrossing

To recap..........
    "WOW"

Wow, what a negative response! Where did that come from?
    - Gina -

If you do not trust people, people will not trust you. -Lao Tzu-

Critical was what I was going for Thotts, not negative. I was just going over what was already in the thread.
    Unrealistic scheduling for the sake of other events will not work. Now that I know Kevin Henry is going to be there, I can relax. BTW, who's Kevin Henry?

Critical was what I was going for Thotts, not negative. I was just going over what was already in the thread.
    Unrealistic scheduling for the sake of other events will not work. Now that I know Kevin Henry is going to be there, I can relax. BTW, who's Kevin Henry?
    Kevin Henry is the former NCC Autox Chair.

Also I will be attending almost evry club event between now and ChapterFest. Feel free to sit and talk with me about your concerns. But you also have to come with your own solutions.

Just ask anyone where is Algie. Let me know your name name so we can talk.
    Last edited by bimmernupe; 07-21-2010 at 11:39 AM.
    MY ED TRIP REPORT

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Thanks Algie, the next event I attend I'll make a point to introduce myself and share any thoughts. I think widening the morning schedule was/is an excellent move. You have fine people working this event and it'll be one for the books.
    BTW, I didn't notice on the registration, is there a way to track from where or what chapter folks are coming from? It'd be neat to see how many come from other clubs or chapers.

James

Thanks Algie, the next event I attend I'll make a point to introduce myself and share any thoughts. I think widening the morning schedule was/is an excellent move. You have fine people working this event and it'll be one for the books.
    BTW, I didn't notice on the registration, is there a way to track from where or what chapter folks are coming from? It'd be neat to see how many come from other clubs or chapers.

James

I can see it when people register, but I will have to check with motorsportreg.com to see if there is a way to publish that info.
    MY ED TRIP REPORT

NCC Tours Chair
    NCC ChapterFest Chair
    NoVa Social Rep

Quote Originally Posted by bimmernupe View Post
    Feel free to sit and talk with me about your concerns. But you also have to come with your own solutions.

Just ask anyone where is Algie. Let me know your name name so we can talk.

That didn't work for me, now did it? Even when I offered to be the one to bury the hatchet between us.

Thanks for deleting my posts too. Big ups.
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    That didn't work for me, now did it? Even when I offered to be the one to bury the hatchet between us.

Thanks for deleting my posts too. Big ups.
    No one can 'hard delete' posts. Some people have the ability to edit posts and it will be noted 'edited by'.
    I don't see anything 'soft deleted'. Anything soft deleted would still be there hidden from public view.
    Was it in this thread?
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information