Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Seeking brake pad recommendation

Thread: Seeking brake pad recommendation

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Instructor on track for 25 minutes? Plus they were driving your car so they may have not been driving it very hard.
    I think it depends how aggressive you are on brakes.

I've driven with good street pads on track because I packed the wrong pads with me.
    I had to change my braking style by braking earlier and longer. I didn't think they were going to last the day.
    You just can't slow down from 120 to 50 consistently with confidence on street pads

Everyone has their favorite track pads, but ask anyone. Street pads don't cut it on the track.
    And if they say they do, they've never used track pads.
    Well, since I'm a track n00b, I'm relatively light on brakes. That's probably the reason. Was only driving the car 7/10 as I should.

I don't disagree with anything you / Nick are saying. Please don't take it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Well, since I'm a track n00b, I'm relatively light on brakes. That's probably the reason. Was only driving the car 7/10 as I should.

I don't disagree with anything you / Nick are saying. Please don't take it as such.
    For someone new to the track, street pads are fine.
    I guess it comes down to ACG's braking style and how often he wants to replace street pads.

My street pads were toast after a weekend and I'm conservative.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information