Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
CCA discounts in the DC area
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CCA discounts in the DC area

CCA discounts in the DC area

Lots of dealerships in the area will give you 15% for a CCA membership. Is there any dealerships around that do better? I seem to remember mentions of 1 or 2 that would go 20%.

By the way, there were a couple of west-coast dealers that were discounting heavily to CCA folks, and they have discontinued the practice.
    Pacific BMW and Alexander BMW, at least.

It's getting tougher and tougher to get a good deal, geez!

Has the BMW CCA lost it's panache?

Thanks for any input,

- Joel B.
    Joel Bossard
    ---------------------------------------------
    1998 M3/4, Silver driver
    2002 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins HO 6-speed hauler
    2006 VW Jetta TDI commuter

I think it's time to do my dealer survey again.
    Attached is a survey I did a few years ago.
    Many dealers mark up their list price then give us a discount.

Russel, Tischer, Northwest and Towson do not markup their prices for CCA members. Tate, Arlington, VOB, Sterling, Fairfax do. In that order! Unless things have changed.

In short Russel and Tischer give us 20% off MSRP.
    Tischer ships.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Arlington has become less friendly and now just gives a 10% discount on parts. They must have needed the extra funds to open their Pentagon City location.

Towson gives a 20% discount these days. Owings Mills is still at 15%.

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR
    Towson gives a 20% discount these days.
    Not really. Their ad still says 10% and their policy is 10%. It all depends who is at the parts counter.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

When I was looking for a battery for my 540 last fall I got the same price from Towson and Fairfax. List was $145 and they both wanted $122, which comes out to about 15% off. Arlington was a good bit higher. They wanted something around $180 and when I asked what the CCA discount price was the grumpy old hippy said "whatever 10% off of that is." But when I buy oil Arlington is cheaper than Fairfax. In April I paid $4.68 per quart at Arlington and they have "list" as $5.20. Last November I bought oil at Fairfax and paid $5.05 where "list" was $5.94.
    -Hampton

Each dealer uses their own matrix to mark up items.
    Different parts vary, The may markup consumables more than stuff that doesn't get purchased that often.
    But only a few stick to MSRP.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

15% for filters at Arlington. I'm going back to my staple of BMW of W. Springfield Mass. They give me a better rate for most item. $12.80 for an oil filter is nuts. These were $8.65 last when I bought 4 for the year.

The "true" BMW list mark-up does vary part to part. Some items there is more room to discount than others. Also, BMW has had two dealer price increases in the last few months. Only a few list prices have changed but I'm sure that will change soon.
    Another thing to keep in mind, over-the-counter parts and accessories sales only account for maybe 10% of our total sales (our shop accounts for maybe 70% of sales and 20% wholesale) Out of that 10% over-the-counter sales, CCA is almost 1%. What I offer, due to fact I'm a member and I like to help out other local members/friends, is 20% off true BMW list if I can, sometimes more. This is usually reserved to wholesale accounts who spend on average $10,000 to $40,000 + per month.
    These are just rough figures for our place. I'm sure it's close to the same at the other area dealers as well.
    Last edited by schosports; 05-31-2006 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schosports
    The "true" BMW list mark-up does vary part to part. Some items there is more room to discount than others. Also, BMW has had two dealer price increases in the last few months. Only a few list prices have changed but I'm sure that will change soon.
    Another thing to keep in mind, over-the-counter parts and accessories sales only account for maybe 10% of our total sales (our shop accounts for maybe 70% of sales and 20% wholesale) Out of that 10% over-the-counter sales, CCA is almost 1%. What I offer, due to fact I'm a member and I like to help out other local members/friends, is 20% off true BMW list if I can, sometimes more. This is usually reserved to wholesale accounts who spend on average $10,000 to $40,000 + per month.
    These are just rough figures for our place. I'm sure it's close to the same at the other area dealers as well.
    I'll 2nd BMW of Towson. They are awesome and provide great customer service and pricing.
    Wonger
    #199 Salazar Blue/White IP/GTS3 M3
    http://www.brakeswap.com
    http://www.roadracetech.com

I 2nd using Tischer . . .

They are great to deal with, give a legit 20% off for CCA members, and ship orders over $100.

I have used them for various part purchases over the last 5yrs and have found them always friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.

2003 M5
    Dinan Exhaust
    Dinan Stage 2 Software
    Dinan CAI
    E60 Shift Kit

I needed a few parts for my BMW's, I only called 2 places (FFX & Tischer) but the breakdown was as follows:

FFX (minus 10%) Tischer (already discounted)
    E30 Oil Filter $10.90 $5.76
    E30 Air Filter $14.66 $9.36
    TB-AMS Boot $37.25 $20.20
    Rubber Boot $15 $8.64
    E30 Tail Light $144 $96
    Hood Insignia $21 $9.24

Total $218.53 (after discount) $149.20 (after discount)

Big difference, plus Tischer had almost all parts in stock, FFX had to order most of them (they had the filters & insignia)
    Last edited by MOTO; 10-25-2006 at 09:41 AM.

Tischer 's Discounts

Was just over at Tischer, I was able to get an oil filter for my E46 330i for 7.12, and also got the Castrol 5w30 synthetic for only 5.06 a quart. Last I remember, I think I paid 5.25/qt for Mobil1 for my other car from Walmart. Garth Williams at the desk was really playing up the whole CCA membership, saying how great they treat members...Nice!
    2004 330i ZHP Imola Red

Nice to see this get get bumped.
    Tischer always treats me well and seem to appreciate car club members.
    They thankl me for the business and I thank them for giving us 20% off MSRP. Not a bad deal. And whenever I need something special ordered or return something even if it's my fault, the never have a problem with it.
    They will ship also.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    Nice to see this get get bumped.
    Tischer always treats me well and seem to appreciate car club members.
    They thankl me for the business and I thank them for giving us 20% off MSRP. Not a bad deal. And whenever I need something special ordered or return something even if it's my fault, the never have a problem with it.
    They will ship also.
    Maybe they are Star Trek fans.

Rules of Acquisition Number

51 - "Reward anyone who adds to your profits so they will continue to do so."
    57 - "Good customers are as rare as Latinum, Treasure them."
    2001 330i (my car)
    2004 Audi Allroad (wife's car and family truckster)

Thread Information