Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
ChapterFest is back - October 30, 2010 Bowie, Md - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: ChapterFest is back - October 30, 2010 Bowie, Md

many kudos and a raspberry

Quote Originally Posted by jbrannon7 View Post
    Plus 1, My Wife and I were amazed at how much was going on at ChapterFest. So much activity in such a small area and everything was seperated from the crowd by safety barriers. Great Job.
    Good friends,food,weather,pretty cars,nice T-shirt, didn't care for the Miata/S2000 friendly AX course at a BMW event., oh, and the Ultimate Flushing portapot was over the top! great job.

Who took FTD at the autocross?

I want to thank Algie Livingston for putting together such a great event. Of course he had lots of help: Doug DuCote and Aaron Marchiafava for the Autocross, Marlon and Joel Bossard for the Street Survival event, Steve Tenney for the karting event, Gina Hector for the event T-shirt, and all of the volunteers that helped with set up, registration, parking, lunch, etc. I don't know who honcho'ed the Concours, and I never had a chance to get over to that area. I understand there were dozens of great cars to see.
    Last edited by woodym3; 11-02-2010 at 09:21 AM.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz View Post
    Who took FTD at the autocross?
    A Honda 2000 took it from a Miata during my heat, hence, my earlier whining about the tiny roadster friendly course.

Are the results posted online ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    A Honda 2000 took it from a Miata during my heat, hence, my earlier whining about the tiny roadster friendly course.
    How do you set up a BMW course in that lot, or any lot? So the Miata’s and S2000s were faster because of the course design?

I didn't drive in the AX yesterday (working Street Survival), but now I wish I had. It looked like a "who could plow the least around the skidpad" course from where I was watching. Slow and tight seemed to be fast, as usual. Nothing else looked too out of the ordinary.

Ron.

I really liked the course. The tight technicals were great. Hope we have more of them next year. I think my best clean was a 36.6XX. Doug should have the results up later today.

A bit off topic, but I think the idea of a Miata, BMW, or Corvette course is a bit of a myth. I've never done a CDC event, but they have the reputation of providing slow, tight courses. Yet the Cobra Replicas ofter take FTD there. Hondas and Miatas will often do well on real fast courses because the drivers are able to maintain momentum throughout the course. When the results from Chapterfest are released, I won't be surprised if the best times are from an S2000, an MX5, a Corvette, and yes, a BMW.
    The main thing I would have done different on this course would have been a bigger diameter on the skidpad. I think there was plenty of room for that.
    Woody

My car hated the course. The stupid slushbox wouldn't hold gear no matter how I did the hammerhead or skid pad. It even bogged down on the last corner a couple times. I think my psi was too high for a cold track too or maybe it was friend belting the tune from top gun in the passenger seat distracting me. Oh well, I suppose it was a nice conclusion to an inappropriate car's interesting autox career. See you next year in an Exige. Anyone in the market for a 330 vert? Never driven below highway speeds.
    Last edited by BradMW; 11-01-2010 at 11:57 AM.

Here is a link to Concours pictures and a video of the red 2002 autocrossing:
    http://www.bmw2002faq.com:80/compone...opic/t,349480/
    Woody

Kudos to ALGIE and crew for a great Event! Everyone from the vendors, to the folks who manned the Registration table, to the caterers, to Everyone involved with setup crew, keep-up crew, and breakdown crew for the event. While I helped to assist the food crowd, I overhead so much positive feedback from the attendees that were standing in line waiting to fill their bellies; I heard (eavesdropped) on everything from how the courses were laid out to the skidpad this year, the LIFTs, the Karting, even the chance to view the Tischer models on display...

A great time was had by all.

I'll add my congratulations to Algie on a great event. While i wasn't aware of everything, I know he had to overcome more hurdles that you would imagine to pull this event off, and he pulled it off very well. Nice job.
    I'd like to personally thank Marlon for much of the admin and logistics of the Street Survival portion of the event, Greg Lindsay for doing Street Survival tech ad-hoc with no notice, and ALL the Street Survival Instructors who made the event work, even with the challenges of the venue and the logistics. We even finished very close to on-time. I got excellent feedback from students and parents, and all the students I saw were smiling as they left...

Joel Bossard, Street Survival Classroom Instructor
    Joel Bossard
    ---------------------------------------------
    1998 M3/4, Silver driver
    2002 4X4 Dodge 2500 Cummins HO 6-speed hauler
    2006 VW Jetta TDI commuter

Many thanks to Algie, she did a great job with so many folks in attendance. John did a great job with Concours.

Zdanemen Wes/Renee
    Last edited by Zdaneman; 11-02-2010 at 02:13 PM. Reason: correct gender

Quote Originally Posted by Zdaneman View Post
    Many thanks to Algie, he did a great job with so many folks in attendance. John did a great job with Concours.

Zdanemen Wes/Renee
    Last edited by bimmernupe; 11-02-2010 at 08:34 AM. Reason: gender corrected

Thread Information