Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2011) Parade Lap Idea? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: (2011) Parade Lap Idea?

If you keep going off you are going to fast and are not well seasoned. Get an instructor every time.

If you have trouble with orientation, make your own first lap a parade lap that way you have the entire course to yourself, you arent going to be able to beat the people who can go 100% all 4+ laps anyway.

I am not against the idea, but i wouldn't personally do a parade lap and i would appreciate organizers to post a time for people not doing a parade lap to show. Might make for better competition?
    Last edited by Walka; 10-24-2011 at 03:40 PM.

The Parade laps are never timed, Florida Suncoast just did them for course orientation after the course walk. It just gave the participants an opportunity to drive the course at slow speed once. This actually produced a net quantity of less participants off course during the event. It's just an idea and no I won't give-up AX because it's not adopted, I just thought it would be good to discuss and possibly introduce another way of looking at the wheel. Thanks for sharing your ideas, see you out on the course.
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

I am going to agree with those that think it is a bad idea. For one thing you will be watching the bumper of the car in front of you, not learning the course. The next issue is that it will, and in the OPs case has, become a crutch. The last point is that almost every other club will not allow you to use your crutch at their events.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Zchild View Post
    It's just an idea and no I won't give-up AX because it's not adopted, I just thought it would be good to discuss and possibly introduce another way of looking at the wheel. Thanks for sharing your ideas, see you out on the course.
    I'd just like to say that we appreciate your idea even if it's not adopted. We are always looking for ways to make our events better for our attendees. Thanks for the input and see you there!!

Phil Yates

maybe you could pile the novices into the back of a truck and drive them around slowly. j/k

I can see how this would help many drivers, but I think that it goes against the essence of the sport. Each driver gets X runs, hopefully you learn the course and progress with each run. If not, ask for help or advice.

Thread Information