Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) NCC Autocross Event #8 - October 24 @ Bowie Baysox Stadium - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) NCC Autocross Event #8 - October 24 @ Bowie Baysox Stadium

Last group was a washout. Got two good runs in but between the second and third the skies just freakin opened on us. Lots of standing water on the course. At the bottom lot where the tight turns were I was seeing water splashing onto my hood and I got a little hydroplaney coming up the hill into the slalom.

But as bad as it was for me driving, I really felt bad for the guys shagging cones in the downpour. I've been in some unpleasant conditions working courses but nothing like that.

I don't think I got a clean run in, I'm pretty sure I was off course my first run through and I know I was off the second time. Pretty sure I was clean through third and fourth runs but in the downpour, times surely stunk. On the plus side, they probably stunk for everyone regardless if they had 300+HP or my measly 110HP.

I was pleasantly surprised with how well the wife's car ran despite it being a completely stock 121K mile base model Miata on halfway decent street tires.

Found the course to be awful tight, you guys and all your torque really stuck it to us little engine people but I had a good time, looking forward to running with you guys next season.

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

Everybody did a great job all year, and nobody should give the results for Biggins and Bell. If Sam wanted to know, he shouldn't have left to play with the Girl Scouts and their cookies !!

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    I'll be interested in hearing how the weather developed in the afternoon heats.
    The first half of the PM group got three dry runs. A couple of us got a fourth before the rain. Noel was only 5 cars behind me in line, but got screwed by the rain that started in between our runs. The second half of the PM was not fun, as I was working the middle of the "skid pad" section then helped break things down. Seriously, it felt like they got seven very sloppy runs each. I've never been more wet. Fortunately I brought clothes to change into for the ride home. Also, I think I won (T2, that is)

Above all else, THANK YOU TO JONATHAN AND THE ENTIRE AUTOCROSS COMMITTEE.

We completed another year with no injuries, and only a few mishaps where vehicle damage was done, and they were not the result of the autocross committee's decisions. WE is everyone, so thank you all for being safe, and an all around great bunch of people to spend soggy afternoons with.

Here is a video of a dry run from the day. Shortly after, it poured like 40 days style.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35xxDoOCVgg

Hope everyone has a great off season and comes back for more next year.

Noel

Oh, and Good Job Ron. Your clean living kept me from a dry fourth run [which may still not have been the fraction I needed]... wait til next year my friend
    Last edited by noelleslie; 10-24-2009 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noelleslie View Post
    Your clean living kept me from a dry fourth run
    Biggens And I left you room in the front. You were too much of a gentleman to jump in front of the others and take it. Your clean living kept you from a dry fourth run

Had a lot of fun today, at least when I was driving.

Standing in that rain? Not so much fun

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    Biggens And I left you room in the front. You were too much of a gentleman to jump in front of the others and take it. Your clean living kept you from a dry fourth run

Ha Ha... You're right.

But that nothwithstanding, it still seemed like I was being penalized... so close to the line when it started pouring. Maybe because I punched that old lady in the face last week for looking at me wrong? Was the rain a divine message of disapproval?

Like Phil said... "it's just what it is." He then pointed out that all of his runs were going to be wet, [so I really should be quiet].

Your driving was good all season - when are you and Woody going to get camera setups??

Hi everyone. Today I attended my first autox session and I am in love. My friend told me to come down and take a ride with him, so I did and I took a couple shots of the PM session. I had a blast! It sucks that the season is over and I am just now finding out about this. Hopefully I can join next season.

Quote Originally Posted by flyw8 View Post
    Hi everyone. Today I attended my first autox session and I am in love. My friend told me to come down and take a ride with him, so I did and I took a couple shots of the PM session. I had a blast! It sucks that the season is over and I am just now finding out about this. Hopefully I can join next season.
    Thanks for coming out and experiencing autocross!

My suggestion to you is to keep tuned to the event calendar at www.nccautocross.com to watch for the events next year. We will be hosting atleast one introductory school to autocross which I HIGHLY suggest for all newcomers. It will allow you to get your feet wet along with getting some beginner level instruction.

See you soon!

Thanks. Here are some pics I took.

Last edited by flyw8; 10-25-2009 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    Also, I think I won (T2, that is)
    Congratulations Ron. Well done!
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    We will be hosting atleast one introductory school to autocross which I HIGHLY suggest for all newcomers. It will allow you to get your feet wet along with getting some beginner level instruction.
    Oh please, I think anyone who attended yesterday afternoon "got their feet wet."
    Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    Oh please, I think anyone who attended yesterday afternoon "got their feet wet."
    Hey Mike, what happened to you out there yesterday? Would you like a ride-along next time so you don't get lost?
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

What camera are you using? Film quality is really good...

Quote Originally Posted by noelleslie View Post
    Above all else, THANK YOU TO JONATHAN AND THE ENTIRE AUTOCROSS COMMITTEE.

We completed another year with no injuries, and only a few mishaps where vehicle damage was done, and they were not the result of the autocross committee's decisions. WE is everyone, so thank you all for being safe, and an all around great bunch of people to spend soggy afternoons with.

Here is a video of a dry run from the day. Shortly after, it poured like 40 days style.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35xxDoOCVgg

Hope everyone has a great off season and comes back for more next year.

Noel

Oh, and Good Job Ron. Your clean living kept me from a dry fourth run [which may still not have been the fraction I needed]... wait til next year my friend

Thread Information