Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
VIR Full Course Trackday... Aug. 30th/31st- Registration Open!

Thread: VIR Full Course Trackday... Aug. 30th/31st- Registration Open!

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by getfast View Post
    Their hauler has nothing to do with anything. She applied - and was verified by TrackDaze - as an Advanced-level, passing-in-corners with a point by, driver. I don't know her exact experience but it must have been significant to get into that run group. Then she went out and made a mistake. Unfortunate, but... it happens.

AFAIK the only two incidents were from her and her partner with the red 911 (light right side impact into tirewall.) Needless to say, they won't be invited back...

Jon
    Jon and all,
    When I made the comment about the size of the car hauler I was responding to GSpot35 and hadn't seen your post that was made just before mine. I also didn't realize you were involved with this event Jon.

Student run group assignments is always a difficult job, particularily for a new organization that doesn't have a data base of of student histories and evaluations. I learned long ago that the number of track days on a student's resume is just one indicator of how good they might be. All BMWCCA chapters I run with require an instructor in the right seat unless they are completely familiar with that student. Some go so far as to allow known students to solo with instructors on a Friday instructor practice day, but then require an instructor during the Saturday sessions until "signed off" for solo.

I am glad to know I was wrong about the Cobra driver's experinence. Jon, I'm also surprised when you said she and the 911 driver would not be invited back. Unless there's more to it that I don't know, it seems everyone should be given a second chance to develop their driving skills in a safe manner. Unfortunately you and I have both seen first session incidents, even in the instructor group. It has plagued all organizations.
    Woody
    Last edited by woodym3; 09-02-2007 at 06:42 PM.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post

I am glad to know I was wrong about the Cobra driver's experinence. Jon, I'm also surprised when you said she and the 911 driver would not be invited back. Unless there's more to it that I don't know, it seems everyone should be given a second chance to develop their driving skills in a safe manner. Unfortunately you and I have both seen first session incidents, even in the instructor group. It has plagued all organizations.
    Woody
    Thanks Woody. There's nothing you don't know. They were both perfectly nice people and everyone's entitled to a second chance but this is a safety issue so I have to wonder if there's a mindset between 'em that could be an issue at a later date. I'd recommend putting an instructor with 'em in the future to hopefully keep such a thing from ever happening again.

I am guilty of a first session instructor group incident myself. It cost me a great little short bumper E30 325is on Shenandoah two summers ago. My instance was a mistake (mechanical failure followed by driver error) but luckily I was allowed back. Therefore I see your point...

You know I've been around for years. I don't claim to be an expert but I do know a thing or two thanks to my experience in the NASA ranks particularly. It has been an honor and a pleasure to help TrackDaze develop their program and I promise you, these guys are serious about safety and about putting together an even better program in the future. All constructive criticism is greatly appreciated - TrackDaze is listening!

Time for bed,

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by getfast View Post
    It has been an honor and a pleasure to help TrackDaze develop their program and I promise you, these guys are serious about safety and about putting together an even better program in the future. All constructive criticism is greatly appreciated - TrackDaze is listening!

Jon
    Thanks Jon, could not have said it any better myself. We are serious and building a better program with each successive event. Just like driving, no matter how many of these you do (organize and run), you always have something to learn and improve on.

And thanks to anyone and everyone who has feedback, we truly welcome it. Feel free to drop me and/or Jon an e-mail about anything likes, dislikes, ideas, etc.

Eric
    Track Daze High-Performance Driving
    2008 Schedule avail @ www.trackdaze.com

Thread Information