Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 04/19/2014 - Street Survival - ADESA (Dulles, VA)

Thread: 04/19/2014 - Street Survival - ADESA (Dulles, VA)

04/19/2014 - Street Survival - ADESA (Dulles, VA)

The primary emphasis of the Tire Rack Street Survival® is a "hands-on" driving experience in real-world situations! We use your own car to teach you about its handling limits and how you can control them. The students will become more observant of the traffic situation they find themselves in. They will learn to look far enough ahead to anticipate unwise actions of other drivers. As the students master the application of physics to drive their cars, they will make fewer unwise driving actions themselves. They will understand why they should always wear their own seatbelts, and why they should insist that their passengers wear seatbelts, too.
    It's about more than driving - it's about LIVING!

Registration is now open at
    http://streetsurvival.org/school-schedule-registration/
    Or go directly to http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...D#.UukkWbS8gkw
    For more information about Street Survival, visit http://www.nccbmwcca.org/content.php...treet-survival

http://www.nccbmwcca.org/
    http://streetsurvival.org
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Our daughter just crashed our 2001 325xi in the snow storm the other day !! not official from Ins Co , but pretty shure she totaled it !! Her mother and I agree she needs to go back to driving school or find advanced lessons to teach her better handing skills . She has her license for almost a year and has been doing good until the other day !! If i knew she was going to drive in the height of the storm I would have taken the keys before I went to work !! would this class be good for something like that or should she go to one of the classes at summit point ?

Street Survival is a great program for the newer driver. They won't get an experience like this for the money elsewhere. The site/road surface in Sykesville is a bit better, but my boys did the program both places and felt it helped them.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Hopefully no injuries were involved. Street survival is exactly the program for your daughter and other young drivers. There's minimal class time and maximum seat time in her vehicle (well sadly not the xi). Students learn everything proper seating position to proper car control techniques. There is a wet skid pad for students to put the car into a skid and control it (with trained coaches in the vehicle with them.) They'll also learn, if it's too slippery and you're going too fast, the laws of physics take over. Sign her up. Better to feel a skid and learn to control it in a course like Street Survival than on public roads in a snow storm. She wasn't alone. Lots of drivers with a lot of seat time, but insufficient skills, also crashed in this winter's snow storms.
    Our club's HPDE sessions at Summit Point would not be appropriate yet for your daughter, though I believe the track operators do offer skills courses for young folks, but I'm only familiar with our Street Survival program.

JohnH

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	1984Well she is okay but the man other car was taken to hospital with an ankle injury. The Ins Co called me today and as I already knew the 325xi was totaled !!

Thread Information