Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
2002 Race Car Preparation

Thread: 2002 Race Car Preparation

2002 Race Car Preparation

I am a Delaware Valley Chapter Member since 1991 and former BMW club (and SCCA) racer and instructor. I relocated to the N. Virginia area a number of years ago and have been inactive in club events for a while. My younger brother has decided to go racing next year and I am going to join him. I am unsure of what venue but some type of vintage racing. I have a 1971 2002 race car that has been sitting for some years that I need to get ready to race and need advice on what shop to use. I need to have the top end of the engine rebuilt along with all fluids replaced, bolt check car, tech inspection, etc. I see some of the shops that support the NCC but am unsure who has the expertise with 2002 race set up. Any advice on who to use for 2002 engine work and race car preparation is appreciated. The car is very clean and I'm looking for someone who has deep experience with race prep for 2002's. The car was previously run in BMWCCA club racing class OP and SCCA Volvo Vintage Cup. I live in Gainesville, VA and prefer to keep the service in the metro D.C./N. VA/MD area. Thanks in advance.
    Gordon Foster #002

Quote Originally Posted by 002Gordon View Post
    I am a Delaware Valley Chapter Member since 1991 and former BMW club (and SCCA) racer and instructor. I relocated to the N. Virginia area a number of years ago and have been inactive in club events for a while. My younger brother has decided to go racing next year and I am going to join him. I am unsure of what venue but some type of vintage racing. I have a 1971 2002 race car that has been sitting for some years that I need to get ready to race and need advice on what shop to use. I need to have the top end of the engine rebuilt along with all fluids replaced, bolt check car, tech inspection, etc. I see some of the shops that support the NCC but am unsure who has the expertise with 2002 race set up. Any advice on who to use for 2002 engine work and race car preparation is appreciated. The car is very clean and I'm looking for someone who has deep experience with race prep for 2002's. The car was previously run in BMWCCA club racing class OP and SCCA Volvo Vintage Cup. I live in Gainesville, VA and prefer to keep the service in the metro D.C./N. VA/MD area. Thanks in advance.
    Gordon Foster #002
    york automotive in mt. airy, md. owner Ed York is long time 2002, e30 and e36 racer with many scca championships. he knows exactly how to make an 02 win.

but first, you need to decide what organization you will be racing with and read their rule book. don't do anything to the car until you know what is legal in your chosen venue.

although i don't have a commercial shop, feel free to pm me. i have a lot of experience race prepping my own 02's, e30's and e36's. there are some other 02 racers in the area we can hook you up with.

02's can go fast....

marshall
    scca/bmwcca racer
    1975 M2
    Last edited by mlytle; 12-15-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Nice 02 Marshall..

I saw this one at Excluservice and at the meet-up & Drive in Rockville. Very cool car.

Paul
    Paul V.
    NCC Concours Chair Emeritus (1991-2004)
    So many cars..so little time!!

BTW, there is a complete ITB car for sale.

http://bringatrailer.com/2013/12/16/...mw-2002-racer/
    http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4245170833.html

This 1970 BMW 2002 is built to SCCA Improved Touring B specs and comes equipped with a full roll cage, fire suppression system, four sets of tires and many other spares. It’s said to be well sorted and complete, and appears to be in quite decent shape, though no interior or engine bay shots are included. Find it here on Craigslist in Erie, Colorado for $6,500.

Thank you very much.
    Gordon

Thread Information