Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 99

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 103

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 04/26/2014 - NCC Autocross Points Event #1 - Bowie, MD - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 04/26/2014 - NCC Autocross Points Event #1 - Bowie, MD

In my experience the club is very welcoming to beginners. When the course opens for walking they have a novice walk with an instructor who explains the ins and outs of the course. Also there usually are people who can ride along with you if it's your first time.

Quote Originally Posted by TMac325is View Post
    So this will be my first autox, and I signed up for the PM session tomorrow - as the AM was all sold out. I've read through all the documentation here on the website, and was wondering what to expect as a beginner.

Should I mention that I am a beginner to the registrar upon arrival? Are instructor ride-alongs permitted on autox days (if anyone is available in the PM)?

I'll be swapping to my old stock rims for the event - and I'm getting pretty excited to see what the old 325 can do
    It's a pretty easy going club. If your in PM you should get there around 11:30 to prep your car. Make sure everything is out of the inside and the trunk. Also check your battery hold down, wheels for tightness, and make sure that you have no leaks. You will need to come up to the timing tent when check in opens. That's after the first heat ends prolly around noon. Once we check you in you will get your car through tech and just wait for the course to open for walk. We do hold a novice walk with an instructor as well. After course walk we hold a drivers meeting and then split the drivers into two heats. One will drive and one will work. We will prolly do 4 runs tomorrow.

We do have instructors available. Just ask for one after the drivers meeting.
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by etherpool View Post
    It's a pretty easy going club. If your in PM you should get there around 11:30 to prep your car. Make sure everything is out of the inside and the trunk. Also check your battery hold down, wheels for tightness, and make sure that you have no leaks. You will need to come up to the timing tent when check in opens. That's after the first heat ends prolly around noon. Once we check you in you will get your car through tech and just wait for the course to open for walk. We do hold a novice walk with an instructor as well. After course walk we hold a drivers meeting and then split the drivers into two heats. One will drive and one will work. We will prolly do 4 runs tomorrow.

We do have instructors available. Just ask for one after the drivers meeting.
    Phil
    Thank you both for the responses.

I've done a ton of maintenance on the car this spring/winter, including stainless brakes lines, new alternator, new fluids, etc, so I look forward to making it to as many autox events as I can this season. See you at the stadium

-Todd

First expect to have fun; we will ask during the drivers meeting for the novice drivers to identifiy themselves. Please by all means ask for an instructor ride-along for course familiarization. The first couple of run's you want to try and stay on course and avoid hitting cones... Lol! See you tomoorow!
    V/R Zachary Pullins Sr.
    Florida Suncoast Chapter BMWCCA
    2006 E90 325Xi & 1999 E39 540i M-Sport
    " Vision without resources is just hallucination"

Today was my first time autocrossing. Thanks to those who showed me the ropes, and my instructor(helped me cut 8 sec). Had a lot of fun! will see you all next time.

What a great season opener, it was good to see everyone again. Thank you to the staff for a great event.

Here are my AM & PM best runs.

Results are up! http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/downloads...d=131&act=down

Don't forget to post corrections here!! http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthrea...-MUST-USE-FORM

Thanks to all for a great event! Hope to see you all May 10th at Regency!! Registration is open now.

Fun start to the new season! Here's my best run of the day (38.29)

Had a lot of fun for my first time out! Great meeting folks at this event, will there be pictures posted from the sessions / runs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmm3 View Post
    Had a lot of fun for my first time out! Great meeting folks at this event, will there be pictures posted from the sessions / runs?
    Glad you had a good time. I'm not sure about pics. They guys who normally take pics were all at Pro Solo. Anyone who took pics please feel free to post them here or contact us at info@nccautocross.com to share!

Beautiful day and a well-run event as usual. I didn't get around as fast as the M-car guys, but my 97 2.8 Z3 didn't do too badly (40.76)

http://s227.photobucket.com/user/kel...7fc2b.mp4.html

With permission, I put Jeff's and my video in a side by side comparison from this event. You can really see how one turn can make the difference here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rated-M3 View Post
    With permission, I put Jeff's and my video in a side by side comparison from this event. You can really see how one turn can make the difference here.

What camera did you use?

Thread Information