Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Bad News - Baltimore GP cancelled for '14 and '15

Thread: Bad News - Baltimore GP cancelled for '14 and '15

Bad News - Baltimore GP cancelled for '14 and '15

Looks like there are scheduling conflicts for the next few years:

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore...r.html?ana=twt

Although one has to wonder if maybe the teams grew weary of limping out of Baltimore with busted cars.

I read that article as well. What a shame. I want to see it return.
    2009 E82 135i - Space Gray/Gray Leather, Steptronic, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather -BMW Performance: Exhaust, Suspension, Front & Rear Rotors, sideskirts, trunk spoiler, kidney grilles - Dinan: Stage 2 ECU, Cold Air Intake, Oil Cooler, Suspension Bushings, Strut Brace - Quaife: LSD - Sirius, BMW hard-wired NUVI Nav - and lovin' every mile of it!

Baltimore Business Journal article makes it sound like Labor Day 2016 wouldn't be available, either. Glad I got to go all 3 years.

414 Water Street Tower Inner Harbor, Baltimore MD
    I too am glad I maxed out my three years. It was too good to be true for two more years. I guess we are just going to have to go down to VIR or up to the Glen! I am looking into a Sebring or Daytona run in 2014. Interested parties make yourselves heard!

Well, this was expected unfortunately. Other than the Mayor's office (and us enthusiasts), no one in Baltimore really wanted this race to happen anyways. Hopefully VIR makes the cut, but it's difficult for people to get there (ie, no airport to fly into), so it wouldn't surprise me if we get left with nothing on the ALMS/Grand-Am schedule (I refuse to call it by any other name).
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Just got the email from Andretti Sports Marketing telling me about that. I'm glad I got to go 2 of the 3 years. The chapter hosted an excellent corral as well!
    RIP: AW E36 M3/4
    Current: AW 01 325xi

Quote Originally Posted by Griffon252 View Post
    The chapter hosted an excellent corral as well!
    ---Which added to the enjoyment of the weekend.

After having driven up to Watkins Glen several times where we camped by the side of the circuit and slogged through mud all weekend, having the parking and the hospitality tent was like living large. Now if I go there, a motel or bed & breakfast will be required. In the meantime I will hope for 2016 downtown.
    2009 E82 135i - Space Gray/Gray Leather, Steptronic, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather -BMW Performance: Exhaust, Suspension, Front & Rear Rotors, sideskirts, trunk spoiler, kidney grilles - Dinan: Stage 2 ECU, Cold Air Intake, Oil Cooler, Suspension Bushings, Strut Brace - Quaife: LSD - Sirius, BMW hard-wired NUVI Nav - and lovin' every mile of it!

Yeah, this news sucks! Another rumor is that Indycar only wants to race through Labor Day weekend starting next year. This made scheduling Baltimore the weekend after Labor Day not possible or they did not want the last race to be Baltimore. I find this hard to believe but who knows. Baltimore had very strong attendance, and was getting better in every way – except the track surface. But a good tough street race was much needed in the series in my opinion. The people who did not want to race in Baltimore were certainly not fans, and also have no clue as to what is good for the city / local economy.

I would love to see Watkins Glen back, which was great. I went to the Glen every year except 2010. With Toronto back on the schedule being a double-header a race back at the Glen will not happen. Pocono will be the race in the NE, which was pretty good this year.

I hope Indycar returns to Baltimore in the future. Was a great car corral race weekend as well!
    BMW NCC HPDE Instructor

2017 M2
    2011 335is

I believe I read that IndyCar wants to finish the season by Labor Day in order to avoid having to compete with the NFL for eyeballs, which probably isn't a bad idea.

Thread Information