Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
pre-de tech owings mills area

Thread: pre-de tech owings mills area

pre-de tech owings mills area

What is the best/closest place to Owings Mills/Reisterstown area to take my car to get it teched for the DE next month?

silly me, I found the list of shops under documentation... I suppose Rockville is my best bet.

Any mechanic can tech your car, the list is just shops that tend to provide a free tech inspection with other service, IIRC.

Oh I see, what do you guys usually do? My car only has 11k miles on her and I don't really need any service done (still under warranty of course). What do you guys suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR
    Oh I see, what do you guys usually do? My car only has 11k miles on her and I don't really need any service done (still under warranty of course). What do you guys suggest?
    Don't you at least have to get your brake fluid changed? If I recall correctly, the NCC tech form states that brake fluid must have been changed in the current calendar year. Head over to the mid-atlantic region sub-forum on www.bimmerforums.com. You might have a better chance of someone pointing you to a mechanic that is closer to you.

you might be right AG, I am a newbie so there is much to learn. I will post on bimmerforums and see what the guys say...

On your tech form
    "Brake fluid clean, reservoir full, system flushed with DOT 4 or 5 fluid in the current calendar year: date of fluid change:_____"
    yup, you need the brake fluid changed
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Someone suggested a place off of 83 that will do the inspection for $85. How does that sound? I don't know if that includes the brake flush or if they will charge seperately for that. Or is my best bet to call on of the places listed here on the website and drive down to Rockville. If their inspection is free and all I have to do is pay for the brake fluid flush would that be a cheaper alternative?

If you feel like going all the way to Gaithersburg -- I'd definitely recommend Dan Martin's shop (Google Map).

Also see:
    my list of DC-area independent BMW service shops.

Dan do you know what that shop charges if anything for the inspection?

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenGSR
    Dan do you know what that shop charges if anything for the inspection?
    I haven't been charged by Dan [Martin] for tech inspections before. Just make sure you ask him to not put in ATE Super Blue. You don't want to have potential warranty/maintenance issues when you go back to your dealer.

I'm not sure, but generally, if you have work done, Dan includes the tech inspection gratis.

Otherwise, it's an hour's labor.

(BTW, he's also a BMWCCA NCC instructor and SCCA/NABR club racer, so he knows what to look for as far as problem areas.)
    Last edited by SharkD; 04-27-2005 at 05:20 PM.

Thread Information