Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
One Lap of America comes south

Thread: One Lap of America comes south

One Lap of America comes south

I'm leaving at 9am tomorrow morning for South Bend, Indiana in Neil Simon's BMW 1M. Neil is on a business trip to New Orleans and will be meeting me in SB Friday night. I'm glad my son Brian is also competing - with a Wounded Warrior Liam Dwyer from Connecticut in Liam's new Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca. My great friend Robin Sparrow, also from Arlington, is driving his BMW M3 with SpecE30 racer Robert Grace from Herndon. And a friend from McLean, Dick Clark and his brother Jerry are competing in Dick's Corvette ZR-1.

This year's event will have us competing in time trials on tracks in Indiana, Alabama, New Orleans, Daytona, South Carolina, Virginia and Pennsylvania. We'll finish up back in South Bend on Saturday, the 11th.

As usual, Robin will be maintaining a blog as part of his campaign for ZERO, the Project to End Prostate Cancer.
    http://www.onelapforlife.blogspot.com/
    You can click on a link on the right to receive Robin's posts as they are made.

The One Lap of America website has links under 2013 Event to see the entry list (62 cars by my last count), schedule of events, and results of the individual time trials - usually within a couple of hours after they are completed.
    www.onelapofamerica.com

Brian and Liam are also maintaining a blog through Brian's employer and sponsor, OG Racing.
    http://www.ogracing.com/blog/2013/05...r-the-one-lap/

And I guess it is a sign of the times that One Lap now maintains a facebook page under Brock Yates' One Lap of America. There's probably some Twittle things too.

We hope to see some of you at VIR next Thursday.
    Woody
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Good luck Woody, Neil, Robin, Brian, and all other drivers!!
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Good luck Team NCC.
    See you at the Performance Center.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Good luck, and have fun!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Good luck Woody! I can't believe how long its been since you brought Brian to an autocross to spectate. I think he was maybe 10 or so back then...guess that set the hook for good. I'm hoping to be able to make it out of the office on Thursday and drive up to VIR. My dad (now 85) wants to see the action at VIR too. Sometime I'd like to talk with you about One Lap as I'm tentatively planning on 2015.

Good luck, backside those cones in the slaloms, and enjoy!

Chuck
    Member #22816 (member since 03/1981)
    Current stable:
    2011 E90 M3 slicktop 6MT; 2001 M5; 2006 E90 330i 6MT; 2007 E91 328i

Congrats to Brian Hair and Liam Dwyer (in a 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca) for getting first in class (SSGT2 Big Bore) at the One Lap of America. Nice job guys!
    - Gina -

If you do not trust people, people will not trust you. -Lao Tzu-

Thread Information