Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Drift events?

Thread: Drift events?

Hybrid View

Drift events?

Hi! I'm Yoshi and I currently run a drift series in the DC area. I'm a small time guy and have reached the point where I can't do this alone anymore. I wondered if you guys might want to get into the business of running drift days.

bump!

And what does this involve?
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

It's basically an autox but with cars going sideways. There really is no difference. Some venues are unhappy with the increase in tire markings but that's it. I help run the events at summit point WV and I do all the stuff for Old Dominion Speedway. The next Summit Point drift day is the sunday after hyperfest. My next ODS day is 7/7/12. I'm also doing one at Blue Crab Stadium in Waldorf MD 8/25/12 I think.

My motivation is that I run these things myself or with cooperation from the track I'm renting. I make no money off of this. Since I run this with just my wife and I, our spectator count is ~100, and our driver count is 30+ easily, I've reached the limit of what I can do myself. Instead of stepping up and creating a full sanctioning body, I figured it was easier and most business efficient to hand it off to someone who can do it better than me.

I'm looking for someone to take it off my hands. I'm still willing to help and be involved, but I no longer want to be running the show in it's entirety.

edit: video of one of the events I've done recently - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcU0rWxFgyQ
    Last edited by protomor; 04-21-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: video added

bump?

If there is interest among our membership, we can explore further. However, I haven't heard of any until this post. Maybe see how some of the AXers feel?

In addition, even it were some interest, we would need someone to manage and run the program. And that sounds like exactly what you're trying to get out of doing.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Consider it an area of growth potential. I wouldn't mind helping to run it but I'm only one guy. Most of my issues have been insurance and funding. Right now everything comes out of my pocket. If the season fails, It comes out of my bank account. I have yet to take a loss but I'm getting too old to put up all my own money. I can guarantee it will float financially. I simply need help.

Quote Originally Posted by protomor View Post
    Consider it an area of growth potential. I wouldn't mind helping to run it but I'm only one guy. Most of my issues have been insurance and funding. Right now everything comes out of my pocket. If the season fails, It comes out of my bank account. I have yet to take a loss but I'm getting too old to put up all my own money. I can guarantee it will float financially. I simply need help.
    Do you still run the drift school out at old domnion speedway?

I wouldn't mind checking out your e30 sometime.....

Yes I do. we have 3 dates at ODS this year along with 1 at blue crab stadium. I also do one on one sessions on a person by person basis.

The E30 is almost done. Hopefully it should be good to show off in a week or so.

so much enthusiasm

Thread Information