Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Drift events?

Thread: Drift events?

Hybrid View

It's basically an autox but with cars going sideways. There really is no difference. Some venues are unhappy with the increase in tire markings but that's it. I help run the events at summit point WV and I do all the stuff for Old Dominion Speedway. The next Summit Point drift day is the sunday after hyperfest. My next ODS day is 7/7/12. I'm also doing one at Blue Crab Stadium in Waldorf MD 8/25/12 I think.

My motivation is that I run these things myself or with cooperation from the track I'm renting. I make no money off of this. Since I run this with just my wife and I, our spectator count is ~100, and our driver count is 30+ easily, I've reached the limit of what I can do myself. Instead of stepping up and creating a full sanctioning body, I figured it was easier and most business efficient to hand it off to someone who can do it better than me.

I'm looking for someone to take it off my hands. I'm still willing to help and be involved, but I no longer want to be running the show in it's entirety.

edit: video of one of the events I've done recently - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcU0rWxFgyQ
    Last edited by protomor; 04-21-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: video added

Thread Information