Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 09/15/2012 - NCC Autocross at ///MPACT East!! @ M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 09/15/2012 - NCC Autocross at ///MPACT East!! @ M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore

09/15/2012 - NCC Autocross at ///MPACT East!! @ M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore

NCC Autocross at ///MPACT East

September 15th, 2012
    ///MPACT is a BMW & Exotic Car Festival set at the Camden Yards Sport Complex in the Downtown Baltimore Inner Harbor. With the success of the 2011 event, ///MPACT is bigger and better for 2012. Over 500 cars are expected to attend! NCC Autocross will be hosting a non-points autocross event this year for those who want to test their skills and vehicles performance in a safe and controlled environment. The Dyno Dynamics Mobile Dyno will be returning and running throughout the day. To add to the excitement this year we will offer everyone a chance to claim some bragging rights and win some cash in our 50/50 HP Shootout competition. Additional events include a Judged Car Show, DJ, Product Vendors and Displays, Special Photo Area, Charity Raffle, and VIP Parking for all Exotic Vehicles.

All Proceeds go to Wounded Warriors Project. Registration for ///MPACT East is $20.00 per car/$10.00 per walk-in. For more info on the ///MPACT East event please visit www.mpacteast.com.

NCC Autocross Registration Details

Online registration is $30.00. Walk-up registration is $35.00 for members (PM Session Only!) Please register using Motorsport Reg here. Online registrations are done securely. Walk-ups are limited!!!

Please note that registration for autocross is separate from ///MAPCT entry registration and fees. Please visit www.mpacteast.com to register for ///MPACT entry.

This event is expected to sell out so online registration is highly encouraged!!!

Registration opens 8:00 AM on Monday, March 19th, 2012. You can register online, ahead of time, and get a $5 discount. Online registration is highly encouraged and save you from waiting in line! Or, if it’s a last minute decision, you can still walk-up. Walk-up registrations will be for PM session only! Registration closes 12:00 PM on Friday, September 14th, 2012.

BMWCCA is now requiring all NCC Autocross participants (for both events and schools) to be registered BMWCCA members.

We realize that not all of our event attendees are members. To help offset the cost of membership new BMWCCA memberships are entitled to one free NCC Autocross points event! That's a $30 value! This discount does not apply to ///MPACT East.

BMWCCA membership is $48 which is a great deal. BMWCCA members enjoy a multitude of benefits such as discounts on hotel rates and towing services. Plus if you’re a BMW or MINI owner you get the extra benefit of dealer discounts at most MINI/BMW dealers and several local shops in the area.

See the links below for details:

BMW Car Club of America Benefits
    National Capitol Chapter BMWCCA Benefits

Signing up is easy! Simply go to "Become a Member/Autocross for Free!!!" and follow the posted steps. Make sure you complete step 3 after you complete your membership so that we can note your free event.

Autocross is a safe, low-speed motorsport where competitors drive against the clock to turn in the best times as they navigate a driving course defined by orange parking cones in a large, open lot.

The NCC Autocross program uses a BMW-centric customized classing structure which pits your BMW or MINI against similar performance models in 3 levels of trim: Showroom, Tuner, and Modified. There is also a simple classing structure for non-BMW competitors. You can check out the full details at nccautocross.com.
    Our program is beginner friendly, offering in-car instruction, guided course walks, and a dedicated group of organizers who are happy to answer any questions you might have or show you the ropes. Also, there are free loaner helmets available for use, so if you don't have your own helmet there is no need to go out and buy or rent one just to get a few fun runs in!

Our events promote a great social gathering of all ages and all cars. So whether you're a longtime BMW CCA veteran or never been to an autocross before, come check it all out online at our website: www.nccautocross.com. Please contact us at info@nccautocross.comwith any questions you might have.

Event Schedule:
    7:45 AM - Facility Opens to the Public
    8:00 AM - Tech Inspection Opens
    8:45 AM - Tech Inspection Closes/Course Opens for Walk
    9:10 AM - Drivers Meeting (AM Session)
    9:20 AM - Grid Cars (AM Session)
    9:30 AM - First Car Off (AM Session)
    11:45 AM - Tech Inspection Opens (PM Session)
    12:00 PM - Course Cold (AM Session)
    12:00 PM - Registration Opens for Walk-Up Registrations
    12:15 PM - Tech Inspection Closes/Course Opens for Walk
    12:40 PM - Drivers Meeting (PM Session)
    1:00 PM - Tech Inspection Closes
    12:40 PM - First Car Off (PM Session)
    3:30 PM - Course Cold (PM Session)

*As always, event schedule is subject to change. Registrations are non-transferable. Cancellations are not permitted during the last seven days prior to the event. Cancellations requested greater than seven days before the event will be subject to a $10.00 cancellation fee. Please contact the event registrar in the event you need to cancel.

Woo Hoo! Haven't AX'd in Baltimore in twenty years,AI used that lot before they put the best defensive football team in history there. Bob

This is awesome. Let's show the hardparkers what real cars do!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Woo Hoo! Haven't AX'd in Baltimore in twenty years,AI used that lot before they put the best defensive football team in history there. Bob
    What lot is this exactly?

1999 ///M3 | 2006 Evo MR #7 STU

Wow, Bob I guess we go back some time then. I remember taking the ol E30 M3 down to these AI events in the mid 90's.

Man this could be real exciting, depending on the lot.

Please get some one capable to setup the course. I will try and talk to John V, Greg Olson, and maybe Tom Bleh. Maybe John V will bring out the red DSP monster. Better yet get Lee Piconne to bring the BSP monster and design the course.....

this could be real fun, if it is anything like 20 years ago....

Jason B.

Sent from my Tf201 Asus Transformer Prime

Quote Originally Posted by ButtDyno View Post
    What lot is this exactly?
    It's a lot right next to M&T Bank Stadium. AJ will be setting up the course. Close to Bowie in size with about the same surface. Paddock under the bridge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M&T Bank Auto-X Lot.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	1575

M&T lot

Well the new lot can't be much, since they built a football stadium in the middle of it! lollo
    Quote Originally Posted by RED//MSHOE View Post
    Wow, Bob I guess we go back some time then. I remember taking the ol E30 M3 down to these AI events in the mid 90's.

Man this could be real exciting, depending on the lot.

Please get some one capable to setup the course. I will try and talk to John V, Greg Olson, and maybe Tom Bleh. Maybe John V will bring out the red DSP monster. Better yet get Lee Piconne to bring the BSP monster and design the course.....

this could be real fun, if it is anything like 20 years ago....

Jason B.

///MPACT 2012 Teaser Video

for best viewing quality, watch in HD settings

Last edited by mdyaman; 03-18-2012 at 11:59 AM.

last year's event (compilation video)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Well the new lot can't be much, since they built a football stadium in the middle of it! lollo
    As always Bob you are a fountain of wisdom.

AJ! AJ! AJ......lol! I am sure he wouldnt mind some help from National course designers who are BMW owners.

coughscrewhondasajcough.....

I'm sure he wouldn't. Hit him up!!

AJ! AJ! AJ......lol! I am sure he wouldnt mind some help from National course designers who are BMW owners.

lol I'll make a low hp, street tire, FWD friendly course just for you Jason.

If you looked at the size of the lot in the picture posted, you may notice the lot is quite small, and we cant use every inch of that for the course. Some will be grid and maybe paddock space. Much smaller than any "National level course designer" likely regularly runs on. After looking at the lot in person, I'd say it's just a tad larger than the upper lot of Bowie. Not big, but decent. Maybe a decent 40sec course. Which will need to be fairly simplistic since there's a good chance of a high number of fresh newbies running with this event. So not sure how much help a national level course designer would be in this situation. Either way, with the lot size and safety restrictions, it probably won't be a friendly course for your car.

If someone wants to give me pointers, I'm all ears. I only have about 5 months to come up with something lol.

wagaboutdogs.com karcepts.com ssc-tint.com

You're buying me beers after you whoop me, right? LoL. Would be damn nice to chat with you for a bit.

Make sure to bring the car with the wing on it so all the ricer fanboys can check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    If someone wants to give me pointers, I'm all ears. I only have about 5 months to come up with something lol.
    Make the lot quadruple in size? LoL. Just keep is simple and fun. And let the "pro's" bitch about it.

I had wanted to go to this, but I think the ALMS at VIR is pulling me more.

Why is this not a points event?

Thread Information