Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 04/21/2012 - Autocross @ Bowie Baysox Stadium - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 04/21/2012 - Autocross @ Bowie Baysox Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by BHunt72t View Post
    All signed up fellas. Looking forward to giving autocross a try with my new "club." Already feeling bad for the fiance who wants to come watch. Lots of "sitting around" for her. No rain allowed.
    She should be able to get some ride alongs,tell her to bring a change of underwear,lol.

Damn it

This is what I get for not goofing off at work!

1999 ///M3 | 2006 Evo MR #7 STU

Quick bit of advice....don't close registration early when rain is in the forecast. You won't get a full turn out and some, that may have come, won't with your no walk-ups.

Yup so.. missed the time to sign up again. ..wtf

wait list?

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
    Yup so.. missed the time to sign up again. ..wtf
    Put me on the wait list,if there is one. Bob

Quote Originally Posted by ButtDyno View Post
    Damn it

This is what I get for not goofing off at work!
    Sorry man. Last thing I expected was a sell out with the membership requirement. Hope you will run with again in the near future!

Quote Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz View Post
    Quick bit of advice....don't close registration early when rain is in the forecast. You won't get a full turn out and some, that may have come, won't with your no walk-ups.
    That's somewhat true. However our last event was in pouring rain and we had 101 entrants (we had 5 walk-ups & 96 pre-reg) and only 2 people didn't show up. We want to hold quality events and feel that 100 entrants is the max that we can efficiently handle at Bowie.

Dang... I really wanted to do this one. I didn't realize there was a limit.
    1985 535i - Moving toward track car status
    1995 540/6 - DD and highway cruiser. I'm trying really hard to not modify this one.

Quote Originally Posted by tsmall07 View Post
    Dang... I really wanted to do this one. I didn't realize there was a limit.
    Sorry. We would love to leave it open but we absolutely have to be out of there by 5PM due to a Baysox game. We usually try to keep registration limited to around 100. But this is the first time in my 4 years on the committee that we actually sold out.

Will you allow walk-ups if people don't show?
    1995 540/6 - DD and highway cruiser. I'm trying really hard to not modify this one.

Quote Originally Posted by tsmall07 View Post
    Will you allow walk-ups if people don't show?
    That's a tough one. I'll talk to the committee about it and get their opinion. At our last event which had 101 people only 2 didn't show. So you may show up and still not get in.

I realize it's a risk if everyone shows up. It's a pretty good trek for me. I'm not sure if it would be worth it.

I spoke to the committee and it doesn't make sense for us to offer walk-ups. After everyone gets checked in we will have minimal time if any to register walk-ups before drivers meetings begin. Nevermind getting cars tech'd.

Hopefully anyone who missed it will be able to attend our 5/26 event at Regency. Thanks for supporting us!!
    Phil

Just wondering - will there be a tire inflator/air compressor available?

Quote Originally Posted by jlOneMillion View Post
    Just wondering - will there be a tire inflator/air compressor available?
    There are typically many people with them in the paddock. Just need to ask nicely.

I usually run the AM session but since I signed up late only PM slot was available. What time realistically do I need to get there for PM session course walk? I recall that the AM session usually ended around 1PM, so if I get there around 12:30ish will I have enough time to unload my car and do tech?

Thread Information