Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Michelin Warranty on Newer BMW?

Thread: Michelin Warranty on Newer BMW?

Michelin Warranty on Newer BMW?

I just took off the snows on my 03 M3 and had a hard look at the Michelin Pilot Sports (OEM 19's) that came on the car. I don't think I have much more than 2K miles left, only on the rears in the center, not the fronts, they are ok. Is this normal? Car only has about 21K on it AND both former owner and myself used snows during the only two winters of this car's life. Upshot is, I doubt there are even 10K miles on these tires, probably less.

Does BMW handle the warranty? Go back to dealer? Or deal with Michelin?

Any advice appreciated.

Charles

It sounds like the rear tires were under inflated if you are saying you only have tread in the center.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

As all of the other performance tires, Michelin Pilots do not carry a treadlife warranty.

I agree with what Steven said, you have to pay attention to how your tires are wearing and check tire pressures regularly. I check mine once a week.

-- Jason

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...l/milewarr.jsp

In my experience, tire warranty of any kind once a tire has been used for some time, is a joke anyway. I have a friend who had Bridgestone S-03s on his M3 and the tires started cracking on the inside. Firestone said that they will replace them. They prorated his tires based on some crazy list price of $350 per tire and sold him new S-03s at $250 each. He saved a $100 per tire, right? Wrong! S-03s are about $250 new from TireRack.

-- Jason

Quote Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
    It sounds like the rear tires were under inflated if you are saying you only have tread in the center.
    Sorry for being unclear, actually I meant to say that the wear is in the middle of the rear tires, tread to the outsides is fine.

I suspected I wouldn't get very far with a tire warranty, though will give it a shot. These babies are about $300 a tire on TireRack. Anyone know where to get cheaper assuming I strike out with BMW/Michelin?

Quote Originally Posted by mokotoff
    Sorry for being unclear, actually I meant to say that the wear is in the middle of the rear tires, tread to the outsides is fine.

I suspected I wouldn't get very far with a tire warranty, though will give it a shot. These babies are about $300 a tire on TireRack. Anyone know where to get cheaper assuming I strike out with BMW/Michelin?
    That means overinflated....having said that, I run my tires at higher than BMW suggested pressures (39F/37R) and the wear is even.

You will strike out with BMW...you can't blame them for you or the previous owner not paying attention to air pressures...sorry.

Michelins are expensive, you can try Paul at RadialTire, but chances are he'll be pretty close to TR prices. You can alternatively swap all 4 tires and go with a cheaper tire (as cheap as 19" will be anyway). Look into Bridgestone S-03, Toyo T1-S, Kumho MX, BFG KDs. Toyo's are probably the best for rain, out of the ones I mentioned. You could also step up to a larger size at this point, 245/35/19 front and 275/30/19 rear.

-- Jason

Thread Information