Thread: Recommendations for a pre-purchase inspection (Fairfax/Centreville/Chantilly)

Recommendations for a pre-purchase inspection (Fairfax/Centreville/Chantilly)

Can anyone recommend a place for a pre-purchase inspection in the Fairfax/Centreville/Chantilly area?

Also, here is the car that I am looking at:

Do you think that I would be crazy to buy this car?

You're buying it just in time to do some maintenance work!
    RRT, FunkTion, Curry's.
    John in VA

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '00 328i
    '02 325xi
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '13 328i xDrive

Columbia, MD
    Not sure I would buy one with that NAV. Difficult to upgrade and no where as good as a $150 Garmin
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I used RRT to do my PP car inspection on the E36 M3 i purchased. They did a thorough job and know their BMWs.
    2008 BMW E92 335i Atlantic Blue - Dinan 2nd Stage, Sprint Booster, BMW Performance Exhaust
    1996 BMW E36 M3 Cosmos Black - Ground Control Struts, Eibach Springs, Koni shocks, Treehouse Racing Control Arm brackets, Turner Racing Sway Bars, Sparco Strut Bar, Turner Rear Control arms, Toyo RA1s 255/40/17, - Engine Stock

I am thinking I may pass on this one. The Carfax came up with a minor accident, and I noticed that the car had an oil change sticker in the window that showed it was filled with 5W-30, not the M3 recommended oil. What do you all think? Should I pass? I would really like to find a car with more history than this one, but it is in my price range.

I used to own a shop and generally speaking if a person goes cheap on oil he will go cheap on everything else too. Why take a chance? Especially with an engine that would cost arm and a leg to repair if something goes wrong. It looks to me like you are getting a car that most likely had no maintenance done other than some mickey mouse stuff...I also agree with the nav being shit, btw the cd changer is shit too. I would get one without it, and go with garmin or motionx app for a smart phone which is even cheaper than garmin but with frequent updates and since it's on your phone you don't have to carry another contraption around...

Also, you will get a better deal by getting a car from a private party, you meet the owner and you can get a feel for the person and how much they cared for the car. A dealer will tell you what you want to hear...

I am new in Chantilly so i don't have any idea the Recommendations for a pre-purchase inspection.basically i use shop to purchase any thing..
    Last edited by key05lock; 04-23-2013 at 12:57 AM.

Thread Information