Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Recommendations for a pre-purchase inspection (Fairfax/Centreville/Chantilly)

Thread: Recommendations for a pre-purchase inspection (Fairfax/Centreville/Chantilly)

Recommendations for a pre-purchase inspection (Fairfax/Centreville/Chantilly)

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a place for a pre-purchase inspection in the Fairfax/Centreville/Chantilly area?

Also, here is the car that I am looking at: http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

Do you think that I would be crazy to buy this car?

Thanks,

Kevin

You're buying it just in time to do some maintenance work!
    RRT, FunkTion, Curry's.
    http://www.roadracetech.com/
    http://www.funktionauto.com/
    www.currysauto.com/
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Not sure I would buy one with that NAV. Difficult to upgrade and no where as good as a $150 Garmin
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

I used RRT to do my PP car inspection on the E36 M3 i purchased. They did a thorough job and know their BMWs.
    2008 BMW E92 335i Atlantic Blue - Dinan 2nd Stage, Sprint Booster, BMW Performance Exhaust
    1996 BMW E36 M3 Cosmos Black - Ground Control Struts, Eibach Springs, Koni shocks, Treehouse Racing Control Arm brackets, Turner Racing Sway Bars, Sparco Strut Bar, Turner Rear Control arms, Toyo RA1s 255/40/17, - Engine Stock

I am thinking I may pass on this one. The Carfax came up with a minor accident, and I noticed that the car had an oil change sticker in the window that showed it was filled with 5W-30, not the M3 recommended oil. What do you all think? Should I pass? I would really like to find a car with more history than this one, but it is in my price range.

I used to own a shop and generally speaking if a person goes cheap on oil he will go cheap on everything else too. Why take a chance? Especially with an engine that would cost arm and a leg to repair if something goes wrong. It looks to me like you are getting a car that most likely had no maintenance done other than some mickey mouse stuff...I also agree with the nav being shit, btw the cd changer is shit too. I would get one without it, and go with garmin or motionx app for a smart phone which is even cheaper than garmin but with frequent updates and since it's on your phone you don't have to carry another contraption around...

Also, you will get a better deal by getting a car from a private party, you meet the owner and you can get a feel for the person and how much they cared for the car. A dealer will tell you what you want to hear...

Hello,
    I am new in Chantilly so i don't have any idea the Recommendations for a pre-purchase inspection.basically i use shop to purchase any thing..
    Last edited by key05lock; 04-23-2013 at 12:57 AM.

I usually check vehicle VIN before buying with Vinchain service https://vinchain.io . I think they are actually better than Carfax. Vinchain has everything you can find in Carfax and pictures of vehicles. One of my friends recommended that I receive VIN reports from Vinchain Blockchain, and I am very pleased with their services. You can use VINCHAIN Vehicle History Service for a limited time for free, they have some sort of promotion https://vinchain.io/report/check

Thread Information