Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 09/17/2011 - DIY @ Northwest BMW
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 09/17/2011 - DIY @ Northwest BMW

09/17/2011 - DIY @ Northwest BMW

Do It Yourself (DIY) Program Overview

The 2011 Do It Yourself (DIY) program allows National Capital Chapter (NCC) BMW Car Club of America (CCA) Members to work on their own cars under the supervision of expert mechanics and technicians provided by the DIY Sponsor. The purpose of the DIY is to learn and practice proper maintenance and repair techniques that you can routinely complete within a two-and-one-half-hour (2.5 hour) time period.

There are typically several NCC members who can assist you when an extra pair of hands or advice is needed. We are happy to show newcomers the joys of working on your own car. Most events start at between 8 am and 9 am and typically finish at 3 pm. Lunch for the event is provided by the club.

The DIY Program Webpage is here http://www.nccbmwcca.org/content.php?119-diy

This event offers online registration and payment through MotorsportReg.com.

Registration will be through Motorsportreg.com
    Last edited by 1996 328ti; 08-04-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Hi. Northwest BMW is in Owing Mills right? I want to do a diff fluid, oil and maybe transmission fluid/filter change. Do I have to order the parts from Northwest BMW or can I get them online from my regular place? Are there any spots left?

OK I double checked the DIY program descriptions - do I call the sponsor to order the parts or do I email a list to someone? How do I know what the pricing is ? Do I pay for the parts at the event? How does the whole thing work?
    Last edited by ventsyv; 08-24-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ventsyv View Post
    Hi. Northwest BMW is in Owing Mills right? I want to do a diff fluid, oil and maybe transmission fluid/filter change. Do I have to order the parts from Northwest BMW or can I get them online from my regular place? Are there any spots left?

OK I double checked the DIY program descriptions - do I call the sponsor to order the parts or do I email a list to someone? How do I know what the pricing is ? Do I pay for the parts at the event? How does the whole thing work?
    Not sure if there is space or not, but you should register regardless. You'll be notified if you're accepted and then buy your parts from NW BMW. More information will be provided by the DIY coordinator as the event gets closer.
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Ok, I registered. I hope someone contacts me soon to explain how to order and pay for the parts...

Ok, I registered. I hope someone contacts me soon to explain how to order and pay for the parts...
    A week before the event, the coordinator will send out the confirmation email with these details.

We ask that you buy parts from the sponsor if at all possible. If you have parts, tell the coordinator before the event so s/he can get it cleared
    2010 BMW 335d - Black Sapphire
    1999 BMW 328i - Titanium Silver

No problem I'll buy the parts. The question is
    A) How do I order them? Do I give someone a list or do I call the sponsor??
    B) What's the price? My local BMW dealer has ridiculously high prices - I don't want to pay 3x - 4x what I would pay at getBMWparts.com (I paid $25 for oil filter once if I remember correctly). If that's the case, I rather give the money to my friend who works on my car when I'm busy or the job is complicated...
    C) How do I pay? Do I send a check? Pay at the event??

typically the dealers give CCA Members 10-20% discount. You can pre-order from the sponsor after you get your confirmation.
    2010 BMW 335d - Black Sapphire
    1999 BMW 328i - Titanium Silver

For an oil change I'd imagine they'd have all of the parts on hand in the shop.

It's not just an oil change. I'll also change the transmission fluid and filter as well as the diff fluid. The fluids I expect to be in stock, I'm a bit concerned about the transmission filter and pan gasket.

It's not just an oil change. I'll also change the transmission fluid and filter as well as the diff fluid. The fluids I expect to be in stock, I'm a bit concerned about the transmission filter and pan gasket.
    Once you are accepted into the DIY, order your parts directly from them. It doesn't take them long to get any part (usually 1-2 days), unless its on national backorder. In that case, you're screwed anyway.

Is there a designated person to contact for the items i need?

Is there a designated person to contact for the items i need?
    If you're accepted into the DIY, call NW BMW's parts department directly and tell them what you need.

Diy nw bmw

Is this DIY Full?
    Thanks
    JEFF
    2000 M5 Titanium Silver
    MD BMWCCA Plate# BMW0543

I went to their website and used the the parts department's contact form to send them an email with the list of items I need. I received a confirmation email from them, but nobody has contacted me beyond that. It's been may 2 days now. If they don't contact me today, I'll give them a call tomorrow. Is there anyone in particular I should should speak to?

Thread Information