Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Other Event 06/04/2011 - Autocross @ Cumberland Airport (*)
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 06/04/2011 - Autocross @ Cumberland Airport (*)

06/04/2011 - Autocross @ Cumberland Airport (*)

Thank you for choosing to autocross with us!

All Registrations will be handled by the Cumberland Autocross club. Please register at the following link.

“Cumberland Historics 2-Day Airport Autocross" http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/...event_id=11925

All saturday slots are full, Please click the link above to go directly to the sunday event registration.
    Last edited by Luda; 05-26-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Just curious how this non points event is scheduled as I think Nat'l is running their Cumberland event on the same day? Due to the sign up cap, are non-BMWs allowed?
    http://autocrossr.blogspot.com/
    1986 Toyota AE86
    2008 mx5 prht stormy blue

Quote Originally Posted by hepcatz View Post
    Just curious how this non points event is scheduled as I think Nat'l is running their Cumberland event on the same day? Due to the sign up cap, are non-BMWs allowed?
    I would hope so, considering some of us non-BMW drivers are BMWCCA members and season membership holders....

My understanding is that this event is a non-points event - is this still true?

This will be a non-points event.

Quote Originally Posted by etherpool View Post
    This will be a non-points event.
    Thanks Phil. I think there's a bunch of confusion as MSReg lists this as a points event. Also, do season subscriptions apply?

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    Thanks Phil. I think there's a bunch of confusion as MSReg lists this as a points event. Also, do season subscriptions apply?
    From what I understand the event is open to everyone however there are only 25 spots per day reserved for NCC. Once the event fills up people can register through the Cumberland Autocross if they still have openings. Doug is going to be posting something or send me the details and I'll send it out.

also interested in making sure that season subscriptions cover this, or do we have to pay seperately?

So, I'm assuming a non-points event doesn't affect your score. Dumb question I know, but I haven't been doing this very long.

Quote Originally Posted by klyon85 View Post
    So, I'm assuming a non-points event doesn't affect your score. Dumb question I know, but I haven't been doing this very long.
    Not a dumb question. We've never shared an event before. And you are correct; since the venue is limited entry it is not fair to count it since not everyone could participate if they wanted to.

So is this a normal auto-x in terms of setup? I seem to remember someone saying something about higher speeds than normal, but I could be thinking of something else....

---------------2009 XS 2nd place, 2010 X3 3rd place, 2011 X3 Champion---------------
    --------------------5-speed, Full DE-K Swap, 205 whp 199 wtq SAE----------------------
    -----------------Enkei RPM2-235/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 & A/S+-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by 95Maxrider View Post
    So is this a normal auto-x in terms of setup? I seem to remember someone saying something about higher speeds than normal, but I could be thinking of something else....
    It's on a concrete airport runway. Expect to use 3rd gear.

It will likely be the fastest top speed you've ever done at an autocross; most cars will need 3rd.

Couple of things....the runway is NOT concrete. It does have a lot of grip, though. Even on the normal "short" courses some cars need third. I believe Noel said he was hitting 80mph on the long course last year, but I could be wrong about that. I hit 67mph last weekend up there.

Quote Originally Posted by mcoupemindy View Post
    It's on a concrete airport runway. Expect to use 3rd gear.
    The course is actually on an asphalt taxiway. But yes, expect to use 3rd.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Thread Information