Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 04/23/2011 - Autocross @ Old Dominion Speedway - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: 04/23/2011 - Autocross @ Old Dominion Speedway

I thought the course was great and I had a lot of fun. I treated the wet as an opportunity to refine my car-control techniques a bit. I'm not doing the auto-x for competition, though.
    1985 535i - Moving toward track car status
    1995 540/6 - DD and highway cruiser. I'm trying really hard to not modify this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwomp24 View Post
    my sti is actually very poorly set up for STU, i am running -2camber up front and -1rear, and 8k6k spring rates and stock sways. I had the car set up a while ago but now that im getting more competitive im gona switch all that out. I totaly agree with the pm not counting if you ran am and pm. I just think after 7 runs regardless you should pretty much have your best time haha im used to only getting 3-4 runs total running scca. according to what i heard i had the fastest clean run over all,but as for offical position couldnt tell ya. dont really expect it to count seeing i ran am and pm.

but for real!! great event and nice people! i will be running with yall again for sure!!
    Interesting....well, in any case you LOOKED fast, lol. We were at the far station near the turnaround during your PM runs and they were impressive in any case.

Had a blast out there this weekend. I couldn't for the life of me though find any traction with my Star Specs going through that large puddle. Regardless, it was a lot of fun, can't wait for the next event. NCC never disappoints!

First off i would like to thank every who came out, We do this for you, and you make these events possible. So thank you all for coming out and tearing it up.

Now on to what you all really want to know, we are sorting out the results, between the cars on the oval, start being drowned out by cars, people not marking there cars clearly, and people asking the timing guys questions we're having to sort through the results by hand and add in corrections we had taken notes of. As usual i will be opening up a corrections thread for these results, so if you have an timing issues , mis classed, etc that can be caught before they are finalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Valance View Post
    Had fun for my first time out. Yesterday, my GF discovered she forgot to turn in one of the radios. I was wondering if its possible to meet up with a club member somewhere in NoVA. Id like to turn it back in.

-Colin
    Silver 04 WRX
    I live in Springfield, so shoot me a PM and we can work something out

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    Interesting....well, in any case you LOOKED fast, lol. We were at the far station near the turnaround during your PM runs and they were impressive in any case.
    haha thanks! i hope to be better prepped this summer. hard to do it all on a college budget

Quote Originally Posted by Luda View Post
    First off i would like to thank every who came out, We do this for you, and you make these events possible. So thank you all for coming out and tearing it up.

Now on to what you all really want to know, we are sorting out the results, between the cars on the oval, start being drowned out by cars, people not marking there cars clearly, and people asking the timing guys questions we're having to sort through the results by hand and add in corrections we had taken notes of. As usual i will be opening up a corrections thread for these results, so if you have an timing issues , mis classed, etc that can be caught before they are finalized.

I live in Springfield, so shoot me a PM and we can work something out
    Thanks man, PM'ed.

haha thanks! i hope to be better prepped this summer. hard to do it all on a college budget
    shit....when I was in college my budget afforded me an '87 integra with crappy springs, broken A/C, and leaky fuel injectors. You're doing well, lol.

that does remind me....so what's the deal with Liberty U, does you promo'ing them get you tuition discount or something, or is it a straight "cash for car parts" type of thing. And if you don't want to say, no worries....just curious.
    Last edited by irish44j; 04-25-2011 at 09:29 PM.

More Videos

Here are 2 videos from Saturday. I ran in the second PM session, S1 class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXvu2djmrTY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnG3iSEE6uo

from what i could hear over the radio my times were around mid to high 29s

Stock Silver/grey 2003 M3

Quote Originally Posted by bsetw View Post
    Here are 2 videos from Saturday. I ran in the second PM session, S1 class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXvu2djmrTY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnG3iSEE6uo

from what i could hear over the radio my times were around mid to high 29s

Stock Silver/grey 2003 M3
    What was the split in the PM?

It's sad to see the lake completely gone in those vids.

Not sure what class they put me on the Green Mini S. I had slicks so that would probaly be modified. It was fun. I think my best clean run was in 28.9 or something. Last run was a blast wanted to go the first slalom without even taking my foot of the gas. I spined right before chicago box lol.

Few weeks back installed used cat back alta exhaust and it definatly feels better on high RPMs. But the guy I bought this exhaust from "forgot" to mention that he has the mufler on the mid pipe moved from next to cat to right under the fuel tank and there is no space for it. I wander why he did it? The damn thing sticks out ... oh well, gonna have fun learing how to weld to move it back where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    shit....when I was in college my budget afforded me an '87 integra with crappy springs, broken A/C, and leaky fuel injectors. You're doing well, lol.

that does remind me....so what's the deal with Liberty U, does you promo'ing them get you tuition discount or something, or is it a straight "cash for car parts" type of thing. And if you don't want to say, no worries....just curious.

lol if you think of it in that light i guess your right haha as for the sponsorship they help me out with some funding for tires,entrys, and hotels but is by no means fully paid for. Pretty much when its all said and done im still paying a ton outa my own pocket but every bit helps ya know.
    I attend LU down in Lynchburg and one of my buddys down here is a big Maxima fan and he said you were attending last weekends event according to the forums lol small world

lol if you think of it in that light i guess your right haha as for the sponsorship they help me out with some funding for tires,entrys, and hotels but is by no means fully paid for. Pretty much when its all said and done im still paying a ton outa my own pocket but every bit helps ya know.
    I attend LU down in Lynchburg and one of my buddys down here is a big Maxima fan and he said you were attending last weekends event according to the forums lol small world
    Choi is his SN I think? Irish, Him and I were/are into Maximas for a while.
    Last edited by Valance; 04-26-2011 at 01:43 PM.

My first car was a '96 Maxima. I still miss it to this day. Oh, the terrible things I did to that poor car.

that would be choi! lol you peps and yalls maximas !! i thought subie guys were hardcore. yall would give up a 45K car for a fresh/slamed nissan, its respectable

Quote Originally Posted by BradMW View Post
    My first car was a '96 Maxima. I still miss it to this day. Oh, the terrible things I did to that poor car.
    I thought I was going to miss my 99SEL, but after the 04 WRX, only thing I miss is the VQ torque.

that would be choi! lol you peps and yalls maximas !! i thought subie guys were hardcore. yall would give up a 45K car for a fresh/slamed nissan, its respectable
    Funny how many maxima owners are around other forums/cars.

Thread Information