This was my first chapterfest, and as a club member I looked forward to attending. To save time on the morning of the event, I pre-registered some time ago. Once inside the event, I enjoyed meeting other club members, eating a nice lunch, enjoying the terrific fall weather, spectating at all of the events, and seeing the wide range of BMWs in attendance. Well done - thanks!

However, after spending a very long time standing in the event's two non-moving entrance lines, only to find myself part of a staff-mandated mass-move to a different line (which moved even more slowly); listening to registration staff complain about computer problems; seeing attendees berated by staff members for not pre-registering, etc., I came close to getting back into my car and leaving.

Over more years than I care to admit I have been a member of other car clubs and served as a staff member for many events. The level of registration woes I experienced at our club's chapterfest exceeded anything those clubs would have tolerated. We have to do a better job during that the critical first stage of an event that we sponsor - put our best face forward.

Perhaps my work as a professional continuous process improvement contractor makes me overly sensitive to disorganization. Nonetheless, my exerience during the roughly one hour I wasted trying to enter our chapterfest showed me a less than optimally functioning process. We can do better than that.