Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
AutoX Results From Chapterfest - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AutoX Results From Chapterfest

it seems to me that there were roughly 200 cars doing autox??? how can we know who won when half of the times are missing??? does anyone have a link to the class catgory definitions?

Quote Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz View Post
    Am I understanding the classing correctly that an S2000 on hoo hoo's is an X3 (Keep in my mind this is a B-stock car), and my 350Z on hoosiers (or any R-comp for that matter) is an X1 car? That is pretty ridiculous barring in mind that a 350z is a C-stock car. Just looking for clarification....
    The SCCA classes cars based on the potential performance of a car that is fully prepared to the limits of the rules, whether Stock, Street Prepared, Street Touring, Modified, etc. At the beginning of the 2010 season, the National Capital Chapter wanted to increase the number of non-BMW classes from two to four. Lots of things were considered, but it was decided to base the four classes on engine displacement. A boost to the next higher class would be made for cars with forced induction, whether OE or aftermarket. A rotary (Wankel) engine is boosted one class. Use of R-compound tires would also boost the car one class. We have found that the winning cars in each of the X-car classes all have very similar times. The rules can be found on our website by going to Chapter Programs --> Autocross and scrolling down to Vehicle Classing and Other Rules - ->Read More.
    I have said before that we could just as easily classed cars based on their color. Suggestions for different methods of classing non-BMWs are welcome. Just remember that we want around four classes and a system that does not require drivers or organizers to have a knowledge of SCCA rules.
    Last edited by woodym3; 11-04-2010 at 10:29 PM.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

The BMW X class rules aren't technically fair but what can you expect from a club that is really supposed to tend to BMWs? It is what it is.. In any class in any club( even more evident with ST class in scca with the killer '89 civic si's) one car will end up being the best for the job.. For what it's worth, Anthonys S2K is far from stock, he runs STR which is a street tire class but he had r-comps on for this event and killed everyone. One of the next closest time/car in comparison was Brian Hair in an STR Z3M(on street tires). For the sake of comparison on your car and his, I don't think(not 100% sure) that 350Zs are allowed in STR. SCCA puts them in the same class in stock form, but after that I *think* they part ways..

Quote Originally Posted by civicexracer View Post
    The BMW X class rules aren't technically fair but what can you expect from a club that is really supposed to tend to BMWs? It is what it is.. In any class in any club( even more evident with ST class in scca with the killer '89 civic si's) one car will end up being the best for the job.. For what it's worth, Anthonys S2K is far from stock, he runs STR which is a street tire class but he had r-comps on for this event and killed everyone. One of the next closest time/car in comparison was Brian Hair in an STR Z3M(on street tires). For the sake of comparison on your car and his, I don't think(not 100% sure) that 350Zs are allowed in STR. SCCA puts them in the same class in stock form, but after that I *think* they part ways..
    350Z's are legal for STR, but we can't compete on 255's in a weight compliant with STR. I know Anthony and his car pretty well, and realize it is quick. He actually co-drove my car at Cumberland a few weeks ago. Judging from the in car vids....my car would not have been as quick as his s2k on that course anyway.

Also, S2k's are B-stock and 350z's are C-stock (with the 370's).

Edit, I am a BSP car, and know all about 1 car dominance (cough evo 9).
    Last edited by 03threefiftyz; 11-04-2010 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I'm not shown, either, I was #11 Bob Hausmann
    UPDATE; I was in the 2nd heat ,technically #211 but the car numbers seem wacky, I saw a #1000 running!??, I was in M2 if that helps, I think I may have won my class, or at least a podium finish,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz View Post
    350Z's are legal for STR, but we can't compete on 255's in a weight compliant with STR. I know Anthony and his car pretty well, and realize it is quick. He actually co-drove my car at Cumberland a few weeks ago. Judging from the in car vids....my car would not have been as quick as his s2k on that course anyway.

Also, S2k's are B-stock and 350z's are C-stock (with the 370's).

Edit, I am a BSP car, and know all about 1 car dominance (cough evo 9).
    The S2000 has; off the shelf KW’s, cat back (for weight savings no power increase) and a stiffer front sway bar. I was running NT01s on stock wheels. So the car is not really far from stock…
    I would not worry about classing at this club, is not like you get anything anyway…heck I did not even get a shirt for this event.

Quote Originally Posted by timjbski View Post
    it seems to me that there were roughly 200 cars doing autox??? how can we know who won when half of the times are missing??? does anyone have a link to the class catgory definitions?
    we only have 73 cars timed, so no, there were not roughly 200 cars autocrossing, there were roughly 73. Secondly, the information, mainly the car numbers that people gave us, aren't actually what people put on there car, so i have 8 or so cars in my timing software that dont match up to any cars in our registration list, so im having to sort through all 2300 photos from the autocross and match cars based on the number of the car (number they actually put on there car that is) and what i have for my times, its a tedious and time consuming process, and i do apologize this didnt go as smoothly as prior events since i got my laptops mixed up, but i am sorting it out, but once again, its a tedious process to sort out the remaining cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Luda View Post
    we only have 73 cars timed, so no, there were not roughly 200 cars autocrossing, there were roughly 73. Secondly, the information, mainly the car numbers that people gave us, aren't actually what people put on there car, so i have 8 or so cars in my timing software that dont match up to any cars in our registration list, so im having to sort through all 2300 photos from the autocross and match cars based on the number of the car (number they actually put on there car that is) and what i have for my times, its a tedious and time consuming process, and i do apologize this didnt go as smoothly as prior events since i got my laptops mixed up, but i am sorting it out, but once again, its a tedious process to sort out the remaining cars.
    I had number 28 on my car doors but the results show me as 12. When I signed up I put number 28 next to my name but on unlined paper the columns were skewed.

But thanks for your efforts.

Joe

apologies on my estimate of 200 cars. after i posted, i did alittle math, and realized that tha tmany cars times 5 laps each wodl haev taken much longer than 5 hours.
    and we all can appreciate that it is a time-consuming and tedious job, for which I am sure we are all grateful!
    I am pretty sure that I pre-registered with #69, and signed in on 10/30 on the paper sign-in sheet with that same number, which also matches the number on my side windows. I hope that helps. not trying to be pushy. I look forward to seeing my times posted when they are available.

LOL...the oldest BMW entered was one of the fastest, even running cheap street tires! I got tagged for two cones but don't recall hitting any or hearing penalties at finish. nor do i see any upset orange things in the videos of the runs.

but who cares...it was a blast. first time i have auto-x'd that car. maybe i ought to put the r-comps on and get serious about this parking lot stuff...

Marshall
    Last edited by mlytle; 11-09-2010 at 10:59 PM.

chapterfest results

There seems to be many names missing from the Chapterfest results. Does anyone have an up to date summary?

Jason Stephens
    S3 1st half of second heat
    2006 325i

Green 323i

My results are not listed. I was the second car out in the first heat in the morning. My car # was 88 and that number was given to the guy with the clipboard since the guy at the gate did not ask for our car numbers.
    I was given verbal results which I don't recall after my heat, but none are listed in the results. I do know I had at least 2 off-course results.

I haven't seen any updates yet. I also am having trouble understanding a few things:
    Does "+off course" mean that lap does not count (DNF)? In S4, the 1T place finisher had +off course on almost every lap.
    Are 5-series V8 cars supposed to be class S3 instead of S4 (540i)?
    I thought (could be wrong) that 5-series 2004+ 6-cylinder models were also supposed ot be S3 instead of S4???

Quote Originally Posted by timjbski View Post
    I haven't seen any updates yet. I also am having trouble understanding a few things:
    Does "+off course" mean that lap does not count (DNF)? In S4, the 1T place finisher had +off course on almost every lap.
    Are 5-series V8 cars supposed to be class S3 instead of S4 (540i)?
    I thought (could be wrong) that 5-series 2004+ 6-cylinder models were also supposed ot be S3 instead of S4???
    "OFF" means the driver missed some part of the course. "DNF" usually means hit cones in the stop box. In both cases, the run doesn't count. The 540i guy definitely seemed to have trouble with the course on most runs, but it only takes one good one.

It does look like the 540i belonged in S3. V8 (any gen) and 535i are in S3, the rest in S4.

Any ETA on updates?

Thread Information