Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2010) My Wackiness From Evo School

Thread: (2010) My Wackiness From Evo School

(2010) My Wackiness From Evo School

I just offloaded my camera from the day, what a hoot. While some of you were testing and tuning, I set a new personal record for eating cones. Yes, even for me. Many, many, many cones.

I even managed to set fire to my front passenger wheel well while I was at it. Ever seen a cone get between the rotor and it's backing shield? It wasn't pretty.

Had to let it cool and take the wheel off to find this crap:

All those cone shreddings somehow caught fire briefly and destroyed my front fender liner. It made quite a bit of smoke too, which was a sight to behold from the driver's seat. Luckly it seems to have gone out as quickly as it started. Somehow those electrical wires were saved and no real damage was done. Except of course for the molten plastic tarballs it left all over the wheel, rotor, fender, etc for me to clean up.

That was a 1 in a million cone hit. At least, I hope so, statistically speaking.

I did manage to eventually snap out of my cone-absorbing funk and find time to stay on the course. I had some great instruction on course visualization and keeping my eyes up. I hope to remember some of these tips next time I'm out with you guys.

Mike R.
    2002 M3 - ultimate driving excuse
    formerly: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Congratulations Mike - now your fender liners look like everyone's.

Thread Information