Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Need a little help getting the head back on
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need a little help getting the head back on

Need a little help getting the head back on

Is anyone available in the UMBC, Catonsville area to help me get my cylinder head back on an M54? I need at least on person to feed the timing chain through the head. A second person would be great to help with the awkwardness. Will trade for DIY labor on your project, beer or grilled food if you want to stick around. Total time needed will be approx 15 minutes. Dog friendly yard available.

Traded some double vanos work a few weeks ago, for help getting it off.
    Last edited by JC5; 03-30-2010 at 01:28 AM.
    Supercharged '03 530
    Thinking about tracking down an e28 535is

I'm pretty close, shoot me a PM
    Andy Miller
    1995 Avusblau M3
    1997 Alaskablau 318ti M Sport

I'll be down there mon. if you can wait? Bob

Thank you both. I was so worried about not finding anyone to help.

My back up plan for help was to give offerings to the pagan automotive gods. A little Hemi, some German big six, and a vintage glass pack into the collection plate and pray. Whoo, bad form to be doing that kind of stuff this time of year.

I go on call next Monday for the week, so I'm trying to get it done this weekend. If it doesn't happen, for one reason or another, it may get pushed out a bit.
    Supercharged '03 530

I can help you this weekend if thats what your looking for. I am in Elkridge, so I'm really close by. I could even help you out one night this week if your ready that soon.

Looks like I may have to fire up the grill & get some beers for a Saturday lunch. Kebabs?
    Supercharged '03 530

Sounds good.

Nice weather, beer, kebabs, and an engine to work on- not a bad way to spend a few hours on a Saturday....
    Andy Miller
    1995 Avusblau M3
    1997 Alaskablau 318ti M Sport

Yep

The house is grey, and missing the street numbers (slowly prepping for painting this spring), so I'll hang out the gearhead pirate flag to make it a bit easier to find. I'll probably be in the back be the garage / grill. Make your selves at home. Bring anything you like.
    Supercharged '03 530

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I'll be down there mon. if you can wait? Bob

Sorry you're gong to miss it. Maybe we'll have another DIY b-b-q later. Ther's always coil overs on the tax return wish list
    Supercharged '03 530

Got your PM. I got everything smoothed out with the wife, so look for me to be there a few minutes before 10.

OK my new friend. It's a Saturday, so I'm not on any type of time schedual. Just happy to have the help.
    Supercharged '03 530

Well the very last bolt on the cam carrier stripped out last night while putting in the exhaust cam. Bummer. Going to have to call Simon over at Tysons Automotive Machine, or Ed up at York Auto to see if they can put a helicoil / time-sert in.

Now there's all this kebab stuff & beer in the frig.

Maybe some scratch made fresh grilled pizza next go around? or kebabs?
    Last edited by JC5; 04-03-2010 at 08:58 AM.
    Supercharged '03 530

Quote Originally Posted by JC5 View Post
    Well the very last bolt on the cam carrier stripped out last night while putting in the exhaust cam. Bummer. Going to have to call Simon over at Tysons Automotive Machine, or Ed up at York Auto to see if they can put a helicoil / time-sert in.

Now there's all this kebab stuff & beer in the frig.

Maybe some scratch made fresh grilled pizza next go around? or kebabs?
    Why don't you just get a helicoil set and give it a shot yourself? I've never done it personally before, however I've heard that as long as you have the skills to use a tap and die, you should be fine.

Well after a nice a nice run around UMBC campus, I decided to pull the remaining bottom end out of the car for a rebuild. The poor M54 has 160,000 miles. Of which 30,000+ plus were under FI. Everything is new except the bottom end. Plus the new FI cams just came in a few weeks ago. Maybe I'll have a pulling out, or putting in B-B-Q for the engine. Either way I bet she breaks 300 on Ed's dyno
    Supercharged '03 530

Quote Originally Posted by JC5 View Post
    Well after a nice a nice run around UMBC campus, I decided to pull the remaining bottom end out of the car for a rebuild. The poor M54 has 160,000 miles. Of which 30,000+ plus were under FI. Everything is new except the bottom end. Plus the new FI cams just came in a few weeks ago. Maybe I'll have a pulling out, or putting in B-B-Q for the engine. Either way I bet she breaks 300 on Ed's dyno
    Let me know when you're ready for a dyno day. I need to get mine back on the rollers too now that I've got a few more things sorted.

Thread Information