Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Front Cover or Not?

Thread: Front Cover or Not?

Question Front Cover or Not?

Ok all - what do you suggest?

Currently - Daily driver 2003 330 CiC has 40,000 miles (100 per day). We are driving it down and back to Florida in early April.

Do I need to buy a front cover (bra)...for this trip, or not?

AND - if you think I should, standard cover 0r the clear plastic stick on?

Thanks.

A bra will protect from some chips and bug splats.
    The clear stuff should be professionally installed and is something that I'd recommend doing before the car leaves the showroom because you probably already have some chips.

Paint chips don't bother me so it is a personal choice.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Unlike Steven, rock chips drive me crazy so I would absolutely put a bra on the car. Bavarian Auto sells the Colgan bra for around $100 vs. $800-$1k for a clear bra. If you haven't felt the need for a clear bra up to now I don't think you'll need to go that route. Just get a Colgan bra (NOT the BMW brand).

Regular bra's can rub the paint off the car on long trips, so becareful with that.

There is a company in the Whitemarsh Area that will do a custom clear bra for about $400-500 if your paint is ok at this point. www.speedesignonline.com

Thumbs down Decision made

I visited the place in White Marsh. We put a small piece of the clear on the hood. I looked at it for a few hours.

Decision -
    I'll live with bugs, chips, and touch up paint.

Thanks all.

good bras's work very well. i have the colgan one on my m3. no issues on long trips. you just have to make sure it fits right and don't leave it on the car for months. the bra traps moisture and dirt that can mess up the paint. having it on for a week long trip is no problem.

Like any bra, you should remove it at night. Don't let it sit and collect moisture underneath it. If it gets wet while driving, remove it right away after your trip to dry. Otherwise it may even discolor your paint. Make sure it has a tight fit, don't let it flap in the wind.

Thread Information