Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Access to the back of the radio

Thread: Access to the back of the radio

Smile Access to the back of the radio

Howdy,

Any advie on how to gain access to the back of the radio. I read a post on a related subject where the person mentions using a flat head screw driver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

Can you please be more specific? What model vehicle?

Very Sorry,,, 1986 635CSI !

Well, I can't provide any information on that! Hopefully someone else can.

If it is the original coded unit with the 2 square black plastic tabs on the left & right edges, first you'll need a small screwdriver or pick to open the tabs to the outside. Then you use the proper 5-sided tool or a hex bit or screwdriver to rotate the bolts exposed by moving the tabs anti-clockwise.
    Make sure you have the code if you plan to unhook the electricals. If you don't, the dealer's parts department can give it to you if you provide the head unit serial number and proof of ownership.
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Thanks ! I do need access to the serial number. The car has a power drain. The radio is requesting the anti-theft code.

Thanks John.

Thread Information