Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 07/17/2010 - Autocross Points Event #5 - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 07/17/2010 - Autocross Points Event #5

Loved the course, continue to love the venue, love that I got 2nd place in X3!

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

Cool

Here is the video of all my four runs yesterday. I DNF'd on my second and couldn't quite make out my time from the video of the display.

I need to stop trying to go faster in slow corners and I also need to work on braking later and harder and accelerating sooner out of a turn. The funny thing is that I was very composed during my first run but I screwed it up in later runs by trying to pick up time in the wrong places (slow corners).

If anyone sees anything else I could do to improve, please let me know. That's why I take all these videos.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Quote Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
    I (#101) should be in T1 instead of S1. The car is stock except for wider wheels and tires (18x9.5, 265/35/18).
    It was nice seeing my name at the top of a class.
    Please post in the results correction thread: http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthrea...8855#post38855

I had a great time yesterday, very well run event.

National Capital Chapter BMW CCA #367673

Hey Mike (agreatham), I saw you plow through the cones at the end of the course. At the time I didn't realize it was you. Very entertaining. You sure are getting quick. If not for me snooping around certain people in t3 and using their setup-e.g., tire pressure, I would'nt have been under 53 seconds. Hope you plan to attend the next events. I was thinking of bringing my 740 out to Waldof or Bowie, upclassing to S1 (if I could), and really putting on a show. I'd have to take the baby seat out I guess. You can count on a 10 point day if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Zcruizer View Post
    Hey Mike (agreatham), I saw you plow through the cones at the end of the course. At the time I didn't realize it was you. Very entertaining. You sure are getting quick. If not for me snooping around certain people in t3 and using their setup-e.g., tire pressure, I would'nt have been under 53 seconds. Hope you plan to attend the next events. I was thinking of bringing my 740 out to Waldof or Bowie, upclassing to S1 (if I could), and really putting on a show. I'd have to take the baby seat out I guess. You can count on a 10 point day if that happens.
    Don't forget to take the baby out as well. What did you do for tire pressure? Did you drop it a couple of PSI because of the heat?

First off, a massive thanks to Johnathan for helping me out when my car crapped the bed. Mid 3rd run my car started feeling odd (but hey, it's a 25 year old car, things feel odd a lot). At the end of the 4th run, I had to use the e-brake to stop the car as my pedal was doing full travel and not stopping the vehicle. My right caliper is jacked up, brake booster is dead, right wheel bearing is destroyed and some other minor things. Needless to say, the car is out of commission for a while.

Anyway, here is my run. I bleeped a nice huge f-bomb mid slalom when my glasses started fogging to help keep the video family friendly.

The course was excellent and Waldorf is easily my favorite lot outside of FedEx. There is quite a bit of lateral grip to be found and a lot of the time you just have to throw the car in and pray it sticks.

My son and I had a great time. Big thanks to the organizers and course designer. Can't wait until next month.
    2008 BMW E92 335i Atlantic Blue - Dinan 2nd Stage, Sprint Booster, BMW Performance Exhaust
    1996 BMW E36 M3 Cosmos Black - Ground Control Struts, Eibach Springs, Koni shocks, Treehouse Racing Control Arm brackets, Turner Racing Sway Bars, Sparco Strut Bar, Turner Rear Control arms, Toyo RA1s 255/40/17, - Engine Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Zcruizer View Post
    Did you like the tire pressure changes James? Did the car handle any different?

I definitely had an "off" day... I even "hit" a ton more cones than I felt. It was a fun [horsepower] course, but pretty difficult to go faster. It seems most everyone's times stayed very consistent from run 1-4.

Not to jinx things, but I think we could probably do five runs at Waldorf instead of four and still have a little time left if things flow.

I had a great time yesterday. The course was vaguely similar to the school course in April, which I happened to like. I brought my brother to his first autox and he had a blast.

Here's my fourth and fastest run coming in at 48.472. I was pretty happy with it considering the rear camber is diagonally challenged (maxed at -1*) after some suspension work. I kept it under control though and managed to avoid every cone.

Chris
    98.5 ///M3 Coupe

Cosmos Racing | UUC | PBR | Ground Control | Koni | AA | Motion Motorsports | Vorshlag | THR | Prosport

Did anyone manage to take pictures? Saw some guys out with cameras. I'll have to remember to bring mine to the next event.

National Capital Chapter BMW CCA #367673

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    Did you like the tire pressure changes James? Did the car handle any different?
    What exactly was the change? I'm still trying to figure out how tire pressure should be set. I have noticed that my car is less tail happy at 37 psi than it was at 41 psi.

I had a great time! Thanks for running these things everyone!

I did like the pressures I used although I dropped the front a little after the second run and found 2 seconds. Amazing! It's great to get the car to rotate through a turn. I just need to adjust my lines a bit and stop relying on power to save me. I think I would have found another 1.5-2 seconds if my lines were better.
    Mike, I used 38 lbs up front and 36 in the rear. Can't say if that would work for you or not. I have a staggered setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Tochenzo View Post
    Did anyone manage to take pictures? Saw some guys out with cameras. I'll have to remember to bring mine to the next event.
    I have mine copied to the drive so I just need to sort and upload. Probably will do that on Friday as I have a ton of work I have to do this week.

~Katie

Thread Information