Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 09/11/2010 - Autocross Points Event #7 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 09/11/2010 - Autocross Points Event #7

I'd like to apologize to the courseworkers for today :lol:

According to the MaxQData, my last run was faster than my 43.0 (+4) until I blew that braking zone in the slow corner. Doh! Either way, that is several events worth of cones taken care of

1999 ///M3 | 2006 Evo MR #7 STU

Here is my run 4, my fastest. My car seemed a little loose today, could have been all that brown dust on the surface. You can see how brown the lot is in the video. I ran in the first half ofthe morning session so we were the sweepers.

BTW, great course Sam.

Joe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAMXiE3eVVA
    Last edited by jbrannon7; 09-11-2010 at 04:49 PM.

This is my first event with BMWCCA, can you tell me when and where results are usually posted?

Thanks.

Results are usually posted fairly quickly (either some time tonight or tomorrow).

Great course, this was my 3rd event this year and I've loved every one so far. Finally got a camera mount for this event and recorded videos, but unfortunately I had the camera pointed too far down so you can't really see much of the course

Looking forward to seeing you guys again in October.

National Capital Chapter BMW CCA #367673

Thank God my 91 accord survived today with 213k! and ran a 50.8....love the course!

What can I say? It was Waldorf which always means a great time. Simply the best lot around. Good course, thanks everyone for a great day and I was really pleased with my times.

vids of my last three runs: http://www.youtube.com/user/gohmchin...3934225C22D377
    http://autocrossr.blogspot.com/
    1986 Toyota AE86
    2008 mx5 prht stormy blue

Thanks to our organizers and course designers for another great day! Loved the course layout and wished I could have stayed for the afternoon session as well.

Finally spun the 911 so that was something I can check off the to-do list.

Looking forward to the results as well as the next event!

Tim
    Tim_in_MD
    76 2002
    86 911
    14 GMC Sierra Z71

Jbrannon, I was fighting oversteer/traction issues all day and I couldn't figure out why. I was at the same lot two weeks ago and the car felt great, very balanced. Maybe the dirt on the surface is why.

Fun course today. I will probably post a video shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by xvxax View Post
    Jbrannon, I was fighting oversteer/traction issues all day and I couldn't figure out why. I was at the same lot two weeks ago and the car felt great, very balanced. Maybe the dirt on the surface is why.

Fun course today. I will probably post a video shortly.
    A lot of people were complaining about the greasy surface, myself included. It felt a lot like SP, so maybe this was a good warm-up for next month. :P
    Chris
    98.5 ///M3 Coupe

Cosmos Racing | UUC | PBR | Ground Control | Koni | AA | Motion Motorsports | Vorshlag | THR | Prosport

Great course, today. Lots fun. The long, fast lane change was just great.

Good group of guys all around.
    2008 BMW E92 335i Atlantic Blue - Dinan 2nd Stage, Sprint Booster, BMW Performance Exhaust
    1996 BMW E36 M3 Cosmos Black - Ground Control Struts, Eibach Springs, Koni shocks, Treehouse Racing Control Arm brackets, Turner Racing Sway Bars, Sparco Strut Bar, Turner Rear Control arms, Toyo RA1s 255/40/17, - Engine Stock

Indeed! I had a great time today. Awesome track, I liked the technical front area, highspeed and then techincal last area. I had the same problem as everyone else with understeer, although I'm sure its due to my stock tires finally starting to give up. Still had loads of fun though! I'll put up some vids later. Still trying to get off of my endorphin high .

PS, I just got around to checking my videos...Did we get 5 runs today?

I agree, the track today was great, I loved the long sweeper!

---------------2009 XS 2nd place, 2010 X3 3rd place, 2011 X3 Champion---------------
    --------------------5-speed, Full DE-K Swap, 205 whp 199 wtq SAE----------------------
    -----------------Enkei RPM2-235/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 & A/S+-----------------

All kinds of 'coulda should woulda' from today. Goes back to last weekend when I had that radiator puncture in my '90. Put a radiator in on Thursday but now it's leaking out of the upper hose, which I probably should have changed at the same time in the first place. So that car showed up Saturday and sat, since I didn't discover the leak till I got there. I wasn't 100% convinced I was going to run that car anyway, but I know Kate would have liked to.

So we danced with the one that brung me, the Mazdaspeed Miata. Since I was hemming and hawing about maybe running the '90 I didn't put my preferred tires on. It was still decent, though pretty tail-happy coming out of the slow corners. The back part of the course - wow! I knew it would reward cars with long legs while walking and it was true while driving. That's great if you've got long legs, but the MSM doesn't. It's a tough choice to either ride it out on the rev limiter or try shifting to 3rd. Tried the upshift and that didn't work out great, so there was a lot of blupblupblupblupblupblupblup going down the 'backstretch'.

Overall I'm pretty happy with how I ran. Couldn't beat my nemesis despite his having to scramble to find a car to drive, and I'm sure some other X3'ers put up better numbers as well. But it'll have to do until next time out.

My best run (44.6ish I think)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clVI6cP0HE4

Kate's best run (48.4ish)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9fHCPmSWsI

See y'all in Sears Point for the season closer next month

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

Results are posted everyone.

Click Here.

Remember to post corrections in the correction thread.

Thanks everyone for coming out!!!
    Last edited by Highflyr777; 09-11-2010 at 09:36 PM.

Thread Information