Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 09/11/2010 - Autocross Points Event #7
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 09/11/2010 - Autocross Points Event #7

09/11/2010 - Autocross Points Event #7

Points Event 7
    Sat, sept 11, 2010
    Autocross/Solo II

NCC Autocross will host the seventh points event of the year on September 11th 2010.

Registration opens 12:00 AM on Saturday, August 21st, 2010 and closes 11:59 PM on Thursday, September 10th, 2010.

Register online as walk-up registration costs are higher!

Online registration is $30.00 for members / $35.00 for non-members.
    All walk-up registrations will be charged $35.00 for members / $40.00 for non-members.

Please register online so that we can properly plan for the event (and save yourself some money too). Online registration also will streamline your registration process on event day.

This years program is targeted towards the first timer as well as the more experienced autocrosser. Our events promote a great social gathering of all ages and all cars. Bring your car right from the showroom, or take your project out of the garage for a spin around the cones, in a safe manner provided by our outstanding NCCBMWCCA autocross committee.

Please contact us with any questions you might have. We'll be happy to answer your questions. Please use our message board at http://www.nccautocross.com/ to post any questions you may have.

See you on the 11th!

The Essentials ...

Register here: http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/nccbm...4224&LMID=2912

Registration opens 12:00 AM on Saturday, August 21st, 2010 and closes 11:59 PM on Thursday, September 10th, 2010

11765 St Linus Dr
    Waldorf, MD 20602
    Last edited by Luda; 08-25-2010 at 06:59 PM.

Just found out I have to be in Germany during this time with work =/ I was planning on unveiling the MR2 for a shakedown this day too...

It's Ah-liive, IT'S AH-LIIIVE!!! HAAHAHAHAAAHAAA!

Look out all you High-flyers in your fancy e90's, you may just be embarrassed by a lowly eta!

Quote Originally Posted by flohtingPoint View Post
    Just found out I have to be in Germany during this time with work =/ I was planning on unveiling the MR2 for a shakedown this day too...
    Aw man you will be missed. On the other hand, this is basically the only way I can beat you, so....

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

Quote Originally Posted by Claff View Post
    Aw man you will be missed. On the other hand, this is basically the only way I can beat you, so....
    LOL... The MR2 is no Corolla Brother. It has a VERY tired motor in it, softer springs and I've never driven it competitively before. Basically, it's a much different vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by SamB325es View Post
    It's Ah-liive, IT'S AH-LIIIVE!!! HAAHAHAHAAAHAAA!

Look out all you High-flyers in your fancy e90's, you may just be embarrassed by a lowly eta!
    You're back in T3 now? bah! Just when I'm getting used to 3rd place behind Adam & Chris. Just as well that I'll probably have to miss this event.
    -Anand

what time does the autocross start?

07:00 - Committee Members Arrive
    07:15 - Only Select Participants Permitted On Facility (Tech Inspection Workers / Course Design Assistants)
    07:45 - Registration / Waiver Tent Opens
    07:45 - Tech Inspection Opens
    08:30 - Registration Cutoff (AM Session)
    08:45 - Tech Inspection Closed
    08:45 - Course Open For Walking (AM Session)
    09:10 - Drivers' Meeting (AM Session)
    09:30 - First Car Off (AM Session)
    11:15 - Tech Inspection Opens
    12:00 - Course Cold (AM Session)
    12:00 - Registration Cutoff (PM Session)
    12:15 - Tech Inspection Closes
    12:15 - Course Open For Walking (PM Session)
    12:40 - Drivers' Meeting (PM Session)
    01:00 - First Car Off (PM Session)
    03:30 - Course Cold (PM Session)

National Capital Chapter BMW CCA #367673

Once we're registered, we can switch classes the day of if need be, right?

1999 ///M3 | 2006 Evo MR #7 STU

Just out of curiosity, would there be a big beef if I ran an X4 car in X3?

Don't see why it'd be a problem, you're bumping up to a faster class technically.

While we have stated before that one can bump yourself to a higher class in the BMW classes, I personally don't think there is a ranking of slow to fast X-classes. I believe the results will confirm that the smaller-engined cars are just as fast as the less-nimble big engine cars. Well, unless Fred, Wade, or Larry are running their Cobra replicas.
    I've stated this before, but the displacement limits were a convenient way of coming up with four X-classes. And in my opinion, classing the X-cars by the color of the car might have worked just as well.
    Last edited by woodym3; 09-03-2010 at 08:48 PM.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    While we have stated before that one can bump yourself to a higher class in the BMW classes, I personally don't think there is a ranking of slow to fast X-classes. I believe the results will confirm that the smaller-engined cars are just as fast as the less-nimble big engine cars. Well, unless Fred, Wade, or Larry are running their Cobra replicas.
    I've stated this before, but the displacement limits were a convenient way of coming up with four X-classes. And in my opinion, classing the X-cars by the color of the car might have worked just as well.
    Why, did the red cars go fastest?
    How about transferring points to a quicker class for year end totals? i.e. tuner to modified? I ran on street tires once.

Quote Originally Posted by Claff View Post
    Just out of curiosity, would there be a big beef if I ran an X4 car in X3?
    Alan, I can make your X4 car an X3 car easily, as I can bring R-Compounds for it. I need a car to drive that day as I rescheduled my whole Germany business trip and had it pushed back a week so I can get at least one more auto-x out of the season. The Corolla isn't looking to good right now and the MR2 is having constant complications with it's build so right now I'm out a car. I figure I can bring r-comps for us both to drive on (which will give you a good experience) and hopefully get a vehicle to co-drive.

Anyway, lemme know what you think.

Intriguing! I'll let you know as we get closer to race day. I'd like to run my white car, which was just awesome at Waldorf a week or so back running with Autocrossers Inc.

Only wrinkle is that, when I got home from Summit Point last night, I found the radiator leaking. Looks like I got a stone in the grille or something. If I get a new radiator here and in the car by the weekend, I'd like to run that on Saturday. Failing that, I'll be there with the wife's Mazdaspeed Miata that I've been running all year.

Thread Information