Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Chapter Event 08/14/2010 - Autocross Points Event #6 - Page 2
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 08/14/2010 - Autocross Points Event #6

Yesterday's STR class had 13 entries, most of whom also do our NCC events. Here were the top nine.

1st Chris Lin Toyota MR2
    2nd Joe Brannon M Roadster
    3rd Anthony Martell S2000
    4th Noel Leslie Z4
    5th Michael Gross Miata
    6th Shawn Roberts MX5 (James Dunham's)
    7th Woody Hair M Roadster (Joe's)
    8th James Dunham MX5
    9th Aurelien Delaitre Miata
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Then there's the guy who got DFL. Don't know what's up with that '99. It easily out-powers the '90 but it doesn't inspire confidence in high-speed maneuvers. It's relatively softly-sprung and has quite a bit of lean, which doesn't help. Finishing last got me on the ball to order the parts needed to get the '90 back in fighting shape so I can go back to running that instead.

2010 Autocrossers Inc. STS champion
    2010 NCCBMWCCA X3 first loser

I didn't list all 13 because I didn't want to embarrass you Allan.
    Woody

No worries there. I keep bringing a knife to a STR gunfight so winding up in the cellar doesn't come as a huge surprise.

If STR is a gun fight I don't what to call STS because they are beating us badly, some of the best drivers and best prepared cars are lurking there. It will be like bringing a gun to a RPG fight.
    WDCR STR #14
    2006 Mazda MX-5

Well with my STS car I still won't finish much out of the cellar, but at least I can PAX in the top half rather than two-thirds of the way down the list. And with the '90 there are a lot fewer excuses for being slow. The car's got a lot more go-fast stuff in it, so the biggest shortcoming is the driver.

Just curious, is there any easy class in WDCR with more than five regular entrants? I can't think of any.

Quote Originally Posted by Claff View Post
    Just curious, is there any easy class in WDCR with more than five regular entrants? I can't think of any.
    SM isn't terribly difficult. I've been in striking distance of a trophy (.2 to .3) a couple times with SCCA and have trophied with AI in a car with a fraction of the HP and on relatively skinny r-comps (215's). I cant wait till next year though so I can bid good day to the class and join FSP.

Where's the fun/challenge in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Claff View Post
    Well with my STS car I still won't finish much out of the cellar, but at least I can PAX in the top half rather than two-thirds of the way down the list. And with the '90 there are a lot fewer excuses for being slow. The car's got a lot more go-fast stuff in it, so the biggest shortcoming is the driver.

Finally! Created my account. Took me long enough! Anyways Hey guys. I'm Julio DeLeon I've been driving that red speed3 recently at the NCC events. I had a question for you SCCA'rs. I'm thinking of treating myself to an SCCA Membership for christmas and run AutoX next year with them as well as NCC. I was just curious if you HAVE to take the SCCA AutoX course?

(also, have some questions about classing but that can wait!)

Thanks all!

Julio

No, you do not have to take their courses, although if you can take one, they are very helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElGordoFeroz View Post
    Finally! Created my account. Took me long enough! Anyways Hey guys. I'm Julio DeLeon I've been driving that red speed3 recently at the NCC events. I had a question for you SCCA'rs. I'm thinking of treating myself to an SCCA Membership for christmas and run AutoX next year with them as well as NCC. I was just curious if you HAVE to take the SCCA AutoX course?

(also, have some questions about classing but that can wait!)

Thanks all!

Julio

Does anyone else get a chuckle out of cars registered using the "manufacturer named color code". As if when on course, the workers are going to be like "Plus one on the Obsidian Sunset Black Pearl Metallic Integra" or something

Carbon Steel Grey (not just any gray)
    Stormy Blue Mica / Mystic Blue (not just blue)
    Astro Black / Cosmos Black (Chevy Astro black?)
    Pikes Peak White (is the snow there a different white from snow elsewhere?)

Although I like "silver gray" the best. Is it silver? Is it gray? who knows!

IDK, yes...I'm bored.

Irish - you are bored. It's all part of the love and the fun. If you just put black or blue or red, it's just boring.
    2008 BMW E92 335i Atlantic Blue - Dinan 2nd Stage, Sprint Booster, BMW Performance Exhaust
    1996 BMW E36 M3 Cosmos Black - Ground Control Struts, Eibach Springs, Koni shocks, Treehouse Racing Control Arm brackets, Turner Racing Sway Bars, Sparco Strut Bar, Turner Rear Control arms, Toyo RA1s 255/40/17, - Engine Stock

Quote Originally Posted by irish44j View Post
    Does anyone else get a chuckle out of cars registered using the "manufacturer named color code". As if when on course, the workers are going to be like "Plus one on the Obsidian Sunset Black Pearl Metallic Integra" or something

Carbon Steel Grey (not just any gray)
    Stormy Blue Mica / Mystic Blue (not just blue)
    Astro Black / Cosmos Black (Chevy Astro black?)
    Pikes Peak White (is the snow there a different white from snow elsewhere?)

Although I like "silver gray" the best. Is it silver? Is it gray? who knows!

IDK, yes...I'm bored.
    I agree with you 100%.
    Woody
    Estoril M Coupe
    Last edited by woodym3; 08-06-2010 at 01:18 PM.
    Woody

Thats why I went 2 tone, course workers were having trouble with cosmosschwarz metallik!

Just registered! See you all next weekend

National Capital Chapter BMW CCA #367673

Thread Information