Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Shifter play

Thread: Shifter play

Shifter play

I've got a '95 325i 5-speed (102K) which has an 1" of play left-right in the shifter in each gear. I tracked the problem down to the rod that is attached to the shifter rod, and that goes into the transmission. It rotates enough to cause this play. Is this normal on a car this old, and does anyone know what the source of the problem is?

Thanks.
    Sonti

It is normal. It sounds like the plastic bushing may be cracked.
    You can either replace it or go with a short shit kit from UUC. They replace that bearing with a metal one.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I have installed a UUC short shifter with the SS carrier bearings, Delrin bushings, and new "bitch clip". The play is still there. It just seems strange that, as a normal condition, the rod the comes out of the transmission has that much play in it. Thanks.
    Thanks,

Sonti

Then I would call Rob at UUC. He has always been good at customer service.
    ...steven
    BMW CCA #146825

318ti.org | bmwcca.org/forum

Thread Information