Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) ChapterFest AutoX Results Posted - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) ChapterFest AutoX Results Posted

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by zeroselect View Post
    I wish the tire ruling was different as well. The only reason i'm in T1 rather than S1 is for tires.
    I don't see how they could possibly change the tire ruling with a clean conscience. Maybe the intake rule or the exhaust rule or the automatic transmission software rule or something of that nature, but Star Specs (and other max performance summer tires) can cut a clean 3-4 seconds off your time and mask an insane number of mistakes. Show me another mod allowed in Tuner that does that.

I am not the best driver out there and do not drive what people consider a good car for autox (Automatic 330Ci Convertible, haha) in T3 and Star Specs are my only mod, but I still put up better times than everyone in Showroom (including S1/S2) at the majority of the events since putting my tires on, rain or shine. For comparison, look at my time in the first event with my old all-seasons in the rain while still in S3; what grip? I can't really think of a single argument for keeping those tires Showroom when they can make as much of a difference as they do.

Quote Originally Posted by BradMW View Post
    I don't see how they could possibly change the tire ruling with a clean conscience. Maybe the intake rule or the exhaust rule or the automatic transmission software rule or something of that nature, but Star Specs (and other max performance summer tires) can cut a clean 3-4 seconds off your time and mask an insane number of mistakes. Show me another mod allowed in Tuner that does that.

I am not the best driver out there and do not drive what people consider a good car for autox (Automatic 330Ci Convertible, haha) in T3 and Star Specs are my only mod, but I still put up better times than everyone in Showroom (including S1/S2) at the majority of the events since putting my tires on, rain or shine. For comparison, look at my time in the first event with my old all-seasons in the rain while still in S3; what grip? I can't really think of a single argument for keeping those tires Showroom when they can make as much of a difference as they do.
    I agree 110% - tires make such a large difference, as u say masking mistakes. An intake or exhaust won't do that! I won't get into the classing debate here. Btw, you're very consistent on those tires - nice times =)

I read the rules wrong i thought T lets you run on R comps.

The only issue is ANY size. This lets you put quite alot of tires under you if you want because there is no restriction on how far out your tires can go out beyond the fenders.
    Last edited by zeroselect; 10-02-2009 at 12:04 PM.

Did anyone notice the gray E92 M3 going off course every run? It didn't look like he wanted to slow down around the islands because he just ignored a gate or two that was meant for slowing vehicles down on every run. I thought his disregard for the course design was rather ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMS3 View Post
    Did anyone notice the gray E92 M3 going off course every run? It didn't look like he wanted to slow down around the islands because he just ignored a gate or two that was meant for slowing vehicles down on every run. I thought his disregard for the course design was rather ridiculous.
    I talked to him in the paddock before he ran and he said this was his first autox. I'm guessing he did that because of inexperience. He definitely could've used an instructor in his car.
    T2

I figured it out. I took the left entrance to slalom, but in my brain, I thought I took the right entrance. So I did the exit wrong.

I had a blast at the event and really liked 98% of the course (my boat couldn't handle some of the real tight turns).
    Not that it really matters, but the results didn't rank me by my best time. My second run was a 53.711+1 but it used my 4th run of a 55.357 as my FTD. I think it also happened to Bobby in his 330.

---------------2009 XS 2nd place, 2010 X3 3rd place, 2011 X3 Champion---------------
    --------------------5-speed, Full DE-K Swap, 205 whp 199 wtq SAE----------------------
    -----------------Enkei RPM2-235/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 & A/S+-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by 95Maxrider View Post
    Not that it really matters, but the results didn't rank me by my best time. My second run was a 53.711+1 but it used my 4th run of a 55.357 as my FTD. I think it also happened to Bobby in his 330.
    53.711+1=55.711 which is not as fast as a 55.357... the results are right.

Quote Originally Posted by 95Maxrider View Post
    I had a blast at the event and really liked 98% of the course (my boat couldn't handle some of the real tight turns).
    I must have left before you got there! Sorry I didn't get a chance to see you run.

For the record: I kicked your butt by 2 seconds this time...

What traction control?

It is sarcasm, nice driving A.J.
    I really stopped doing AI events when we all got kicked out of Aberdeen. That was a great lot really close to my house.
    In truth my car (gold 86 325es) is totally outclassed in scca also. I was racing with a well driven Mustang Bullitt last time I was at an SCCA event (not even close).
    I also like the more laid back NCC autocrosses as compared to SCCA.

So please come back and keep smokin' the course!

I hope "speedtheory" comes out to put his money where his big mouth is.
    Last edited by SamB325es; 09-28-2009 at 07:43 AM. Reason: taunting

Thanks to everyone who helped make the event possible! it was an awesome event, event though i got called into work part way through but im glad everyone enjoyed it!

and i think we all know speedtheory wont actually autox at one of our events for any number of excuses, but he will never throw down to back up his claims, i mean it would look real bad for him to get beat by my boat of a car.

Fun day...thanks for everyone's hard work! A comment and 2 questions:

A comment - I was working the course near the finish so could listen to times as they were announced. Honestly, during the wet sessions the times didn't sound that much different than those earlier in the day...which is to say, my impression at the time was, "...hmmm, the rain doesn't seem to be making that much of a difference." Might not sound logical, but I was hearing quite a few low 50s and even some high 40s. Now for those that are sure that, "I could have done better...," well, you didn't do that badly as it was.

Question 1 - (overlooking my motivation for asking) how do the Honda and Boxster fit into S1?
    Question 2 - why the top down during runs for the E46 convertible?

Again - fun day and thanks to All!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunlap View Post
    Fun day...thanks for everyone's hard work! A comment and 2 questions:

A comment - I was working the course near the finish so could listen to times as they were announced. Honestly, during the wet sessions the times didn't sound that much different than those earlier in the day...which is to say, my impression at the time was, "...hmmm, the rain doesn't seem to be making that much of a difference." Might not sound logical, but I was hearing quite a few low 50s and even some high 40s. Now for those that are sure that, "I could have done better...," well, you didn't do that badly as it was.

Question 1 - (overlooking my motivation for asking) how do the Honda and Boxster fit into S1?
    Question 2 - why the top down during runs for the E46 convertible?

Again - fun day and thanks to All!!
    Look at Brian Hair's times - they went up significantly once it started raining.

They don't fit they are misclassed and we will be putting them in the correct classing soon.

Dunno...

Thanks for coming! Glad you had a great time out there and hopefully you had enough food =).

-- Adam

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    They don't fit they are misclassed and we will be putting them in the correct classing soon.
    Don't mean to complain but looks like the results page still needs to be updated.
    Mike, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP SMG, 2005 E46 325xiT

Quote Originally Posted by agreatham View Post
    Don't mean to complain but looks like the results page still needs to be updated.
    Hey Mike, taking cars out of our class won't help you beat me or J. Dunlap. S1 is the redheaded stepchild class anyway, winning in this class means you showed up that day......

Thread Information