Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Rear axle and CV joint question

Thread: Rear axle and CV joint question

Question Rear axle and CV joint question

If I already have my rear axles out of the car. How do I check the CV joints to make sure they are viable. I noticed that one of the outer joints had what I perceived as excessive play at the bottom of the joint, especially when compared to the outer CV of the other axle. Also, I cleaned the splines on the hub and CV thoroughly but I do not see the hub simply sliding on without some force being exerted. When re-installing the hub on the axle spline how do I get the hub back on without damaging the new wheel bearing or the axle/hub?
    Chicane
    2001 E46 M3 - Jet Black [6 speed]
    1996 E36 M3 - Alpine White [5 speed]
    1988 E24 635CSi [Rare factory 5 speed]
    2000 E46 323i - Silver

Specifying the car might help.
    Car54 ...well, now Car52

Craig Brickner

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
    Specifying the car might help.

e36 M3
    Chicane