Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
(2009) ChapterFest!!! NCC Autocross Event #7 - September 26 @ Bowie Baysox Stadium - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: (2009) ChapterFest!!! NCC Autocross Event #7 - September 26 @ Bowie Baysox Stadium

Hey so I'm bringing Isabela to the event again this time... Do I have to pay for her to be part of the 'general audience'? I mean she is two years old shes not exactly going to take part in much...

Quote Originally Posted by alexmarksthespot View Post
    Hey so I'm bringing Isabela to the event again this time... Do I have to pay for her to be part of the 'general audience'? I mean she is two years old shes not exactly going to take part in much...
    children under 12 are free
    Paul Seto - NCC Board Member & Social Chairman

2011 Mineral White M3 Coupe ZCP
    2000 Titanium Silver M Roadster
    2011 Space Gray 328ix Sedan

Check out our NCC Facebook Page

Is there an autocross registration list somewhere? I can't remember if I signed up for AM or PM. I may have forgotten to register at all, which would be even more devastating to my T2 title hopes than all those cones at the last event.

I was charged double for Chapterfest ($50) on my CC. Can someone email or give me a call about this?

Jason Stephens
    443-306-3540

Wink Gee, I'll miss Bowie!

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the Chapterfest event, however,on Saturday, as I order my 3rd lobster tail on my Royal Caribbean Bahamas cruise I will be thinking of the Bowie skid pad I have become so fond of! Bob

Quote Originally Posted by jls8177 View Post
    I was charged double for Chapterfest ($50) on my CC. Can someone email or give me a call about this?

Jason Stephens
    443-306-3540
    Jason,

You'll need to contact PayPal about this. I just checked the account and we only received $25.00 from you. I'll send you an email in a min with what I'm seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmarksthespot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pseto View Post
    children under 12 are free
    Alex looks like she might be under 12... FREE!!

Quote Originally Posted by ronh21 View Post
    Is there an autocross registration list somewhere? I can't remember if I signed up for AM or PM. I may have forgotten to register at all, which would be even more devastating to my T2 title hopes than all those cones at the last event.
    Ron,
    If you just stayed home this weekend you wouldn't have to worry about whether you are am or pm. I'll be AWOL and I think Noel will too.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    Alex looks like she might be under 12... FREE!!

Hmm I think she just might be. My bad I didn't pay attention to that on the main page.

Maybe you can do concours

Ron. I changed my schedule to be "on call" this weekend hoping to be free. I may be. Problem is... the one day I take the Z4 to school, some crazy woman decides to stop in front of me, then slam her car into reverse hitting me from 20 feet away (and I was in reverse trying to escape while hitting the horn AND yelling Nooo!!!)

So... car is in the shop for hood, bumper, and some other front stuff. At least I'll get a new paint job.

Car is in like pristine shape, and she looks at the car and say "was that there before?" referring to the dented hood/bumper below the roundel emblem.

I wanted to kick her in the teeth.

Instead, we exchanged info and she told the insurance she was at fault and we are on our way.

So... there is no way I can drive autocross this weekend unless you guys allow me to enter my wife's 1997 Honda Civic hatchback in T2 AND I can make the event.

Quote Originally Posted by noelleslie View Post
    Ron. I changed my schedule to be "on call" this weekend hoping to be free. I may be. Problem is... the one day I take the Z4 to school, some crazy woman decides to stop in front of me, then slam her car into reverse hitting me from 20 feet away (and I was in reverse trying to escape while hitting the horn AND yelling Nooo!!!)

So... car is in the shop for hood, bumper, and some other front stuff. At least I'll get a new paint job.

Car is in like pristine shape, and she looks at the car and say "was that there before?" referring to the dented hood/bumper below the roundel emblem.

Instead, we exchanged info and she told the insurance she was at fault and we are on our way.

So... there is no way I can drive autocross this weekend unless you guys allow me to enter my wife's 1997 Honda Civic hatchback in T2 AND I can make the event.
    No Civic Hatch, but I'm sure there are plenty of other T2's that you could whore. I'll post a list later today for your enjoyment.

... And I would have kicked her in the mouth. Or beat her with a tire iron.
    Last edited by mcoupemindy; 09-23-2009 at 06:48 AM.

Red face lookout!!

C'mon Noel, you couldn't outrun a soccer mom in reverse? Was she in a Cobra?!, you shoulda taken her out, now we all have to watch out for her,and some of us are only on 2 wheels!

Wow, I guess I failed to teach you driving in reserse at the school. Sorry to hear about that Noel.
    I think you should drive Ron's car. . . without adjusting the seat of course.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Quote Originally Posted by woodym3 View Post
    Wow, I guess I failed to teach you driving in reserse at the school. Sorry to hear about that Noel.
    I think you should drive Ron's car. . . without adjusting the seat of course.

He's welcome to try I think the whole story is just a sorry excuse. I'm gonna need to see pics, or it didn't happen. Noel, you couldn't wait to take "the dented hood/bumper below the roundel emblem" to the shop until after the 'fest?

Of course, I may not be running anyway. I can't seem to get confirmation that I signed up. If I didn't, I can still walk up, right?

Ohh.. I didn't mention that the hood was damaged in the middle. I will likely get the dumbass award for the year... After 4.5 hours in evening school, I left. The car seemed beyond reasonable to drive. The front bumper and hood were dented/scratched, but nothing even close to non-drivable. Soo.. I drove it. About thirty minutes later, I am on 695 or somewhere over there going towards I-70West from Baltimore, there is a loud BANG!!! I don't know what the hell happened, but I could no longer see in front of me, with the exception of the lowest 2 inches of the windshield. The freaking hood latch retainer mechanism had been damaged, and the hood flew ALL THE WAY back - not stopped until it hit the windshield, and mostly the top of the windshield.

If you can imagine a lightweight strip of balsa wood in a 60 mph wind, and what type of quick movement it would have... well that's how quickly the hood flew up... I didn't even see it move.

I used my razor sharp autocross skills [not really] to bring the car to a gradual stop at a safe location, and started trying to figure out who was responsible for THIS damage (practical law school application).

It turns out that there are two separate claims, even though one was precipitated by the other. I am responsible for the aft hood, and the lady for all the other junk. We just studied this type of stuff too a few weeks ago, in Torts class.. directly related to another's actions, as an immediate consequence of, etc... I guess I lost on that deal, but my $500 deductible will get half the car repainted.

Thread Information