Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Current state of F1.

Thread: Current state of F1.

Current state of F1.

Since Ferrari lost their cost cap complaint yesterday it seems F1 is poised for a shake up. Ferrari, Renault, Toyota, Red Bull and BMW could exit F1. Alonso, Raikkonen and Massa have said they don't want to race with smaller teams. To all of these I say; don't let the door hit you in your ass on your way out.

This will surely pave the way for new smaller teams who will do it for the love of the sport, it will open doors for more drivers like Vettel who want to race and not line their pockets with money they don't deserve, I'm mainly pointing the finger at Raikkonen who is dead from feet up. Hopefully we will yet again see personalities such as James Hunt, Lauda and Stewart.

Ciao.

Quote Originally Posted by Uber-Goober View Post
    Since Ferrari lost their cost cap complaint yesterday it seems F1 is poised for a shake up. Ferrari, Renault, Toyota, Red Bull and BMW could exit F1.
    That's 2010 when those teams might not return. This season will continue with all teams.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

hey, at least I can still watch it on NASCAR/ ummm SpeedTV.

Unlike WRC.
    I'm interested to see what happens next year. The four months between the seasons this year was an ETERNITY!!
    V '87 535is (FE2O3): (sigh)
    V '86 325e (GRN HLL): 6 quarts of oil in the Patuxent River
    ^ '04 x3 3.0i : Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
    V '76 Austin Mini
    Check out my blog! www.335bmws.blogspot.com

Apparently all of the teams have agreed to quit F1 at the end of the year if the budget cap if 40 mil euros is in place. I still don't see the big deal. Let them walk. F1 was started by a bunch of enthusiasts and has turned into a showcase of what mighty manufactures can, or in BMW's case cannot do. Outcome is often decided in a court room by lawyers and politics.

Back to basics. After all, Honda was at one point Tyrell, and McLaren bears the name of a man who had one leg shorter than the other and just wanted to race.

Things can only get better with the big boys out of the picture...
    Last edited by Uber-Goober; 05-22-2009 at 08:01 PM.

Without the heavy involvment of major manufacturers, I don't think there'll be anyone left to run an F1 series and pay the hefty entry fees demanded by Bernie Ecclestone. It will be interesting to see if the current teams can actually form a new series under their FOTA.

I remember when privateers could buy a Lotus or Cooper F1 car, put it on an open trailer, and compete with the Ferraris. Nowdays some teams at the local SCCA or NASA races have bigger operations.

The coming off-season could be historic.
    Woody
    96 328is, 99 M Coupe, 04 330Ci

Right. This big money is not sustainable, Bernie may have to go too, which is sad because he is one of the originals and a character. I remember he demanded $48 mil from prospective teams just to enter, which I believe got dropped. He also charges circuits a lot of doe, so much that many circuits loose money by hosting a GP, sadly it seems this was one of the reasons Indianapolis is not on the calendar.

I just think that it all needs to go back to basics.

I agree on a lot of the stuff being said. One thing is certain though. F1 haven't been as interesting as it has been the last 4 years. Seems like they create the stir just to get some action sometimes. But more action on the track would be preferred.

Thread Information