Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
ERROR CODE #p0128 (Thermostat Regulating Temp)

Thread: ERROR CODE #p0128 (Thermostat Regulating Temp)

Question ERROR CODE #p0128 (Thermostat Regulating Temp)

Hi there. I have a 2003 325i and recently got a generic error code on my diagnostic tool.

It is a P0128 code, which reads "Coolant Temp Below Thermostat Regulating Temp".

Does anyone know the cause of this problem? My temp gauge is reading normal (12 o'clock) and I havent seen a major change in performance.

Any ideas?

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

I talked to a Service Rep and he talked a bit fast, but here is what I got out of the convo:

The error code could mean a number of things. The bottom line is that the engine is not coming up to operating temp (around 68 degrees I think). Some of the problems could be that:

-the thermostat is stuck open
    -The coolant temp gauge is bad
    -The auxiliary fan is not on at the right time or it is running too much

Ring a bell for anyone? Any tips on a more in-depth diagnostic or DIY fix? I dont want to go to the dealer and pay $600.

Many thanks!

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

Sounds like the thermostat is stuck open. There's a procedure to put the OBC into diagnostic mode, where you will be able to monitor the coolant temp. Once the car warmed up, normal coolant temp should be in the 90 degree C range.

Have you checked over at http://forum.e46fanatics.com/?
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

A friend of mine got it and cleared it. Did not return. Then a pulley disintegrated and fried the belt.

Thread Information