Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Approved (non-rollbar) camera mounts?

Thread: Approved (non-rollbar) camera mounts?

Approved (non-rollbar) camera mounts?

Asked at m3forums, didn't get anything definitive, so I'll try here.

I'd like to run a camera at the next DE; I'm not looking for glory vids (I'm not that good), I just learn visually, and reviewing sessions while not "in the moment" would be beneficial for me.

I'm aware there are no "set in stone" rules about cameras, but I was wondering if some of the tech inspectors could chime in about what's generally accepted (or not). Obviously, safety is a key concern, and I'm not looking for ways to skirt safety requirements or "squeak" by tech.

Current setup: HoytTech bullet cam output to a Sony MiniDV. The Sony, powerpack and extra wiring are stowed in a Pelican case mounted in the trunk, and secured to the tiedown points with straps. The bullet cam is attached to a through-the-rear-deck mount.

I'd like to explore a different option, as the rear-deck mount takes in too much of the interior in its field of view and overexposes everything outside the car. From what I understand, an instructor-seat, headrest-attached mount failed tech at the last Shen event.

So finally, the questions:

Are headrest-mounted cam-mounts out?
    Pump-actuated suction cup mounts such as this. No good?
    Any suggestions if the above two are generally considered unsafe?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    :: Paul ::
    www.tenfifteen.net

I use a "cruisecam" mount. It attaches to the headrest, and has a universal camera mount.

http://www.cruisecam.com/Mount_new.pdf

I know of several other people who use them at the DE's
    Cheers.
    2000 323i
    1997 M3

it was a beautiful day... the sun beat down
    I had the radio on, I was drivin'...

Awesome, thanks! I believe the issue was that the one I mentioned was mounted to the instructor's headrest. And thanks to Woody for answering my first question (whether cameras were allowed at all), offline.
    www.tenfifteen.net

OG Racing sells the Cruisecam camera mount. I believe the price is around $45. http://ogracing.com/catalog/2-Car/33...M-CAMERA-MOUNT
    Tom Buchanan
    BMW CCA Instructor
    ============================================
    1999 M3 (Track Rat)
    2002 540i 6-speed (My Car)
    1999 Acura 3.2 TL (Wife's Car)
    2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Family Mobile and Tow Vehicle)

Thanks Tom, that's definitely where I'll be picking it up. Got a few other things I need to get before the DE on 10/11-12.
    www.tenfifteen.net

Thread Information