Posted by: Cyrix2k

Description: Located in Westminster, MD.Basic Condition:Car is in good mechanical condition, interior is clean. There is some minor damage to the passenger side fender/door, but should be able to be removed through paint less dent repair. The front bumper could use paint. Top has snake bite, but has not gotten any worse since I've owned the car.New/Recent stuff:-Rear tires are new; front tires have plenty of tread (7/32nds iirc).-Rear brakes *new*-*New* exhaust / catalytic converter-New speakers-New diehard battery (100 month warranty!)-Rear window 3 months ago; now tinted-Thermostat as of 2 years ago-Windshield one year ago-Starter one year oldOptions:-Leather-Key less entry-Automatic transmission (good for cruising, bad for sporty)-MP3/CD Player-Fog lightsBackground:I have owned the vehicle for two and a half years and I bought the car from a family friend who owned it for a year and a half. I purchased the vehicle with 113k miles and it has been very reliable and has not been involved in any accidents resulting in damage. (I tapped someone at literally 2 mph about a month ago. There is *zero* damage and I have hit *nothing* else.) I had my mechanic go over the car with a fine toothed comb when I purchased it and he thought it had been hit sometime in the past, but said that whoever repaired it did an excellent job. The top opens and closes smoothly and the body is straight. You do not have to worry about damage. The car has seen two auto crosses, but no other racing. The transmission shifts well and should have plenty of life left (the same one was also fitted to the six cylinder cars, so the four cylinder would be hard pressed to break it). Most of the mileage I have added to the car has been on the highway, either commuting to college (66 miles one way to College Park) or to work (33 miles one way to Lochearn). It has been an extremely reliable, fun car with only one significant failure; the starter.Mileage:Due to the four cylinder motor, the car achieves excellent mileage. If speeds are kept to legal limits, it will do over 40 miles per gallon. Driving fast with the top down results in around 28 mpg urban combined cycle and 400 miles per tank. Driving pure highway results in 600 miles per tank! The engine will run on 87 octane fuel just fine since it has knock sensors, but should be run on 89 octane.Maintenance:The oil and filter has been changed every 7000 miles, well before BMW's recommended oil service interval. All cooling problems should have been fixed. There is a recent thermostat and housing installed, and a recent radiator. The water pump is of unknown age, but I don't think the 4 cylinder motors received the bad pumps. These are bullet proof motors and should have another 150k miles of trouble free miles left. The power steering system was just flushed and filled. The interior undergoes a comprehensive cleaning every spring; the exterior is clay barred and waxed on a semi-annual basis.Reason for sale:I purchased a 540i/6 as I will be commuting to DC soon. The 3-series is a bit small for such a long commute and as much as I love the car, I don't have enough money or space to keep bothPrice: Looking for $5000. Add $1000 for the hard top (non-matching, white).

More...