Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Vader is ready for new control arms & tierod ends - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vader is ready for new control arms & tierod ends

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson Button View Post
    How come despite specifically warning against this mix up with the parts guy, I still end up with the offset bushing?
    Because I'm not your parts guy anymore

Another option is the Eyeball Arm control arm bushings from Treehouse Racing:

http://treehouseracing.com/

Good for a track car. I have these on my '95 M3.

And to confirm an earlier post, the '95 control arms are NOT aluminium. The aluminium arms were an E30 M3 part.

Martin

Control arms are not any easy job!

With the help of Nolte's FCAB tool (aka lollipop tool) I was able to remove and install the bushings with only a bit of sweat equity. Now I just need to figure a way to tighten the inner control arm ball joints. Any helpful hints here? Nolte suggested I put weight on the bottom of the joint to keep the ball from spinning. I'll try this, but I wanted to know if anyone had a more "lift friendly" suggestion for getting the ball to not rotate.
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Whoo hoo! I got Vader aligned today and all the numbers came out fine. Nothing too aggressive for camber or caster, and zero toe. I believe I'll bring him out on Saturday to play on the Jeff!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VIR3691.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	594  
    Bob Hopkins
    M3 1997 Black "Vader"
    911 1986 Red "Baron"

Thread Information