Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Ripken events - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ripken events

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The meeting will be at my house. The classing meeting will be determined at tomorrows meeting. I suspect it will be either around Thanksgiving or early December mostlikely at the Rockville Hooters. If there are too many married people, that want to attend the classing meeting I suppose we could do it at On the Boarder again.

Pete
    PLEASE NOTE: Tomorrow's meeting is NOT going to be about classing. It's just for us to figure out a basic schedule of when/where the events will be next season. This will then be adjusted several times based on lot availability.

---Eric

Single handedly lowering the pax for MT

Ripken Autox

Pete,

My main reason for not attending the Ripken events is mostly the distance about 120 miles one way. I understand that the Balmore crowd has the same concerns for the VA events and Kevin adds the reality that few good venues remain. Also had conflicts with the DE events as well.

My 2 cents
    Chuck Grafton
    '90 ///M3
    '99 ///M3
    '05 X3
    Springfield VA

To justify this lot (Ripken), I think we should perhaps hold them earlier in the year. In hopes that more will attend since it seems that more entrants participate earlier in the year. Maybe one in the spring and one in and around august?

Please provide input,

Pete
    It took me about 1:15 to get to Ripken from my house in Arlington for the October event, which I am fine with. But that was with almost no traffic. The problem I see with an August event at Ripken is it is during the heart of vacation season, with a bigger chance of lots of traffic on 95 north. Maybe have one Ripken event in the spring and the second one toward the end of the season in September?
    -Hampton

Quote Originally Posted by Phat Ham View Post
    It took me about 1:15 to get to Ripken from my house in Arlington for the October event, which I am fine with. But that was with almost no traffic. The problem I see with an August event at Ripken is it is during the heart of vacation season, with a bigger chance of lots of traffic on 95 north. Maybe have one Ripken event in the spring and the second one toward the end of the season in September?
    You could always drive up with us at 6am.

---Eric

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaEric View Post
    You could always drive up with us at 6am.

---Eric
    I think there's a better chance of me driving up the night before and camping out.
    -Hampton

Quote Originally Posted by Phat Ham View Post
    I think there's a better chance of me driving up the night before and camping out.
    Can you tow a trailer while you are at it?

---Eric

The NCC has been running 2 Ripken events a year. As many of you have seen, these events tend to be very undersubscribed. I wanted to guage your opinions on whether we should move the events to a different time of the year to attract more attendees, or should we do less events up there.
    FWIW, it is almost 100 miles from my house to Ripken. I like the lot and the courses but 3+ hours RT is a long way. Then again, I love the Manassas Park lot if only because I live about 5 minutes away! My suggestion would be to tap the voluminous knowledge base of our members and find more lots. What about the auto auction near Dulles we used for Street Survival? The office building on Eisenhower Ave that I suggested a few years ago? Any of those giant office building lots in Tysons? The service lots at Dulles Airport? Just some suggestions.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Psi5 View Post
    FWIW, it is almost 100 miles from my house to Ripken. I like the lot and the courses but 3+ hours RT is a long way. Then again, I love the Manassas Park lot if only because I live about 5 minutes away! My suggestion would be to tap the voluminous knowledge base of our members and find more lots. What about the auto auction near Dulles we used for Street Survival? The office building on Eisenhower Ave that I suggested a few years ago? Any of those giant office building lots in Tysons? The service lots at Dulles Airport? Just some suggestions.

David
    We have been actively looking for new lots but unfortunately, only one lot has become available to us in the last few years (MSP). Many of the newer lots in Tysons are dotted with Islands and trees. If you have any specific lots for me to check out, I would be happy to.

The auto Auction lot is something we have been trying to get for a few years. The owners seem only willing to let us use it for schools.

Pete

Thread Information