Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
radiator for E46?

Thread: radiator for E46?

radiator for E46?

my E46 has now 90K miles.
    My buddy and I are thinking about doing the coolant flush/change.
    while the system is drained, I thought it might be a good idea to do a preemptive replacement on the waterpump and the thermostat (both are the originals).
    that got me to think a bit about the radiator. How is the reliability of E46 radiator? I thought I read somewhere in the past that they are prone to spectacular failures around 100K. or did I get that mixed up with E36 radiators? I don't want to spend big $$$ to replace the radiator if I don't really need to. But if I DO need to anyway, then I'd think this would be good time to do it while the system is drained anyway.

Help~

D.J.
    Last edited by madkow70; 11-01-2006 at 01:48 PM.
    E46, E53, UZJ100

not much different from E36, i think. plastic neck for expansion tank hose and big top hose can crack... blowing coolant everywhere but where you want it.
    E46s aren't as old... so we probably haven't heard of many failures yet.

Thread Information