Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
Greetings all! New member here, not with CCA yet, but looking to get more involved.

Thread: Greetings all! New member here, not with CCA yet, but looking to get more involved.

Greetings all! New member here, not with CCA yet, but looking to get more involved.

Hey guys/gals,

I've been a longtime BMW enthusiast, having owned several bimmers including e30's, e34's, e46's, f30's and now a g20. I still own my '89 325i e30 and now have a '20 M340i xDrive as my daily. I came across this forum because I've been looking for a reputable indy shop that I can take my wife's Mini and my bimmers to for service. What better place to garner shop advice for Bimmers/Mini's than the NCC BMW CCA forums. Unfortunately, over the years it's been hard to find a good shop that you can trust. I typically have done most service on my own, but I am losing the patience and willpower to keep DIY'ing my cars. I used to take my cars to Martins Auto Service, but now that Dan's retired, I am looking to find a new trustworthy shop.

Aside from repair shop advice, I love auto racing and am hoping to get onto a track in the near future. I'll need to re-up my old CCA membership, but I am looking forward to attending a track day event and meeting some folks! I haven't really had much real-world experience with high performance driving, but I am no stranger to it. I did a few autox a several years back in my e30, go-karting at least twice a year and I also sim-race when I find time to. I've been slacking a bit lately on my sim racing, but I am looking to get more serious about it.

Professionally, I work in IT as an SRE. Other hobbies include motorcycle riding (2003 Yamaha R6), golfing, bowling, MTB'ing (if I can get my lazy a** out there), Pokemon cards (I'm 31 lol), gaming, and food.

Anyways, I look forward to meeting some of you and hopefully get a chance next year to attend a track day or two.

- Amol

Welcome! I'll assume you're in MD if you're using Martin's. Sigy's Service Center is in Rockville. Here's a link to the chapter sponsors:
    https://www.nccbmwcca.org/chapter-sponsors/

We don't get a lot of traffic at this forum, unfortunately. You might try sending a message via the chapter Facebook page - perhaps someone can recommend other options for you. https://www.facebook.com/NCCBMWCCA/

Good luck!
    John in VA
    NCC concours program

'74 2002tii
    '85 535i
    '86 535i
    '03 530i
    '06 330ci ZHP
    '15 228i M Sport

Thread Information