Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(576) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php(441) : eval()'d code on line 2

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 27
How much for a pre-purchase inspection?

Thread: How much for a pre-purchase inspection?

How much for a pre-purchase inspection?

How much should I be looking to pay for a pre-purchase inspection in this area? I'm very close to a Curry's, but I hear they're on the pricey side.

$80 @ Currys?

Pre-Purchase inspection

I was looking at an M3, and BMW of arlington wanted over $200 to do the inspection. OUCH!!!

Banned
    Do you really want to scimp on a prepurchase inspection??? You want to take it to a mechanic who knows the the model. Dealer would be last place I would take it.

Dave Apker

Dan Martin did the pre-purchase inspections for both my E24 and E30 -- he was thorough, honest and completely stood by his assessments.

http://www.dvsmith.net/bmw/dc_service_shops.html

I had London Auto in Falls Church inspect an M3 for $89. They were very friendly, and seemed to do a thorough job. Took about an hour. I was invited into the shop to look over (and under) the car with the mechanic, which is always a bonus.

Call ahead for an appointment.
    Scott Lowrey

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    I had London Auto in Falls Church inspect an M3 for $89. They were very friendly, and seemed to do a thorough job. Took about an hour. I was invited into the shop to look over (and under) the car with the mechanic, which is always a bonus.
    Tom Baruch is a great wrench and instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by blee
    How much should I be looking to pay for a pre-purchase inspection in this area? I'm very close to a Curry's, but I hear they're on the pricey side.
    Advantage Certified in Manassas will do it for about $100. I'd trust them as a dedicated BMW service center and have been very happy with their work on my 540.

Ask for Glenn in the Service Center.

David

Thread Information